Are you a socially conscious, dedicated individual who is committed to building a better future for children, families, and their communities? If so, join us as we support early childhood education programs across the country to create positive outcomes for the children and families served.
Working as a Food Service Worker/Driver at Acelero Learning, you are responsible for assisting in the implementation of food services in a Head Start program serving children. Responsible for delivering meals daily to families, include assisting in packaging, USDA-approved meals; keeping the kitchen and areas clean and sanitary according to Health Department ordinances.
This position earns up to 13.13 Hourly
Food Delivery Services
* Store food and supplies properly.
* Perform physical inventory of equipment and/or supplies.
* Take the temperature of cooked food that will be transported to make sure it has the holding temperature of 140 F or above.
* Maintain the safety of the environment for staff and children.
* Clean and sanitize food transport carriers daily.
* Ensure all trash is removed from the vehicle and any leftover items brought back to the center.
* Maintain and be aware of center allergies and concerns..
* Delivery of food to various sites as requested
* Follows the safest and most efficient routes given.
* Ability to lift up to 50 pounds on a continuous basis throughout the work day.
* Perform any other work-related duties as requested by your supervisor.
* Be present at work in order to provide consistency of services.
* Be a contributory team member in a positive/productive manner.
* Demonstrate commitment to mission, values, and policies in the performance of daily duties.
* H.S. Diploma/GED required
* Must have a valid driver's license in good standing
* Lift and move heavy and/or bulky objects weighing up to 50 lbs. 20 times a day if needed
* Pass physical examination and all Head Start/licensing required background checks
* 1-3 years of food delivery experience
* Bilingual Spanish- English preferred
Why Acelero Learning or Shine Early Learning?
- Ability to make an impact in the lives of the children, families, and partners we serve
- Career growth and professional development opportunities
- Supportive working environment
- Average of 5 weeks of paid time off during 1st year of employment
- Comprehensive benefits, including 401K matching and 100% vesting program
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating a diverse and healthy work place.
Still have questions about this role or our company? Submit an anonymous question by copying and pasting this , into your browser.
Or feel free to contact. Thank you for considering employment with us!