$77,126.40 - $81,390.40 Annually
AC Transit is actively recruiting for the position of Senior Schedule Analyst. Under general supervision, prepares the operating schedules of the District's public transportation vehicles and operator assignments. This is an excellent opportunity to work in Scheduling at the largest bus agency in California. AC Transit also has an outstanding benefits package that includes pension, medical, dental and vision coverage, flexible spending and a 457 savings plan.
This is an excellent opportunity to work for the largest bus agency in California. In addition to working with some of the best in the business, AC Transit also has an excellent benefits package that includes pension, medical, dental and vision coverage, flexible spending and a 457 savings plan.
- Analyzes data illustrating passenger riding habits, traffic conditions, vehicle running time, union contract provisions, and other circumstances affecting the operation of public transportation vehicles.
- Uses District computerized scheduling software to prepare schedules based on automatic vehicle location (AVL) data imported into Hastus-ATP analytic run time module; determines running time and proper headway by time of day.
- Prepares operating schedules for the District's public transportation vehicles by defining trips made, connection or transfer points, departure, intermediate points, and arrival times, and develops the blocks for assigned routes.
- Performs ride checks on board transit revenue vehicles; tabulates the number of passengers boarding and alighting, records estimated times of arrival and departure at scheduled stops, and bus stop pass-bys.
- Prepares school service calendar and associated paddles and reports, acts as primary coordinator with the service planner responsible for the school service levels; coordinates with Divisions on school service related issues.
- Estimates and records approximate bus speed by observing vehicle movement through traffic, and submits data for scheduling modifications.
- Performs Point Checks, and checks on-time performance by counting and recording bus arrival and departure times at pre-specified time points.
- Reports delays due to weather, traffic, road conditions, wheelchair boardings, and other occurrences; and logs explanations for schedule setbacks.
- Reports equipment failures, such as malfunctioning headsigns, wheelchair lifts, fare boxes, and transfer machines; to indicate sources of schedule delay, and to inform the Transportation department.
- Analyzes passenger check data and determines number of trips necessary to carry passenger loads as per the established load factor.
- Evaluates passenger complaints.
- Provides work direction to Schedule Analysts when requested by the Department Manager.
- Distributes District surveys to transit users; and interviews passengers regarding origin and destination points to provide data for proposed routes or schedule revision.
- Performs related duties as required.
Education: Equivalent to completion of an Associate's degree from an accredited college or university with an emphasis in computer science, geographic information systems (GIS), logistics and/or mathematics.
Experience: Two (2) years of recent and verifiable public transportation bus route scheduling experience in a position comparable to Schedule Analyst. Additional years of relevant education may be substituted for required experience on a year for year basis.
Physical Requirements: Must maintain the physical condition necessary to: (1) perform tasks in an office setting operating a personal computer, keyboards, and other peripheral equipment; and (2) possess physical mobility in order to conduct on-board checks and field studies in outdoor settings under all seasonal weather conditions.
To Apply: To be considered, please complete and submit an online application at , click on Career Openings, on the left menu, click on Current Employee Opportunities. Human Resources will need to accurately assess your experience, and in order to do so, you must provide detailed information about your current and previous work experience and attach supporting documentation.
Your application must meet the minimum qualifications to move forward in the recruitment process. Experience (current and previous)must be verifiable with references and phone numbers. Only information and supporting documentation submitted with the application for this position will be viewed. Information from previous job applications and/or personnel files will not be considered.
THIS POSITION IS A UNION POSITION, REPRESENTED BY ATU
The Selection Process: The Human Resources department must receive a completed online application by the filling date. If this recruitment is "Continuous," it may be closed at any time without notice. Applications will be screened for job related qualifications, and those candidates who best meeting the qualifications listed on this Job Announcement will be invited to participate in an examination process that may include written, oral and/or performance segments. Current District employees must have satisfactory attendance and performance records. Finalists will be placed on an Eligibility List. When filling vacancies, the Human Resources Department will refer the top candidates to the hiring department for final screening and recommendation.
Vaccination Requirement for Candidates Seeking Employment: Alameda-Contra Costa Transit District has implemented a requirement that requires all candidates for District employment to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, including variants, prior to being employed by the District, subject to limited exceptions. AC Transit adopted this vaccination policy as an emergency public health response to mitigate the negative public health consequences associated with increased incidence and test positivity rates and the prevalence of new virus variants, including increased hospitalizations, intensive care unit admissions, and deaths.
As such, candidates seeking District employment will be required to: (1) be fully vaccinated (two weeks after completion of the entire recommended COVID-19 vaccination series) and (2) submit a copy of their COVID-19 vaccination card prior to their start date, unless a reasonable accommodation request for a medical or religious exemption has been approved.
Benefits: The transit professionals who call AC Transit home represent the rich cultural diversity of the Bay Area. For more than 60 years, we have been an equal opportunity employer honoring religion, ethnic background, national origin, gender, gender expression, genetic information, disabilities, age, and veteran status. We are not only an inclusive employer but also offer a comprehensive benefits package rooted in choice, flexibility, and affordability. Most Benefits are effective the first of the month following your hire date. Employees and eligible dependents have access to the following benefits*:
*AC Transit benefits are negotiated and subject to change based on collective bargaining agreements.
- Medical - Choice of two Health Maintenance Organizations (HMOs): Kaiser Permanente and Health Net. $10.00 office visit co-pays; $5.00 - $35.00 prescription co-pays.
- Dental - MetLife Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) $50 annual deductible per person/$150 per family; $3,000 per person annual maximum; preventative care covered at 100%; basic and major care covered at 90%; $4,000 lifetime maximum orthodontia covered at 50%.
- Vision - Vision Service Plan - $10.00 copay; eligible for an exam, lenses, frames or contact lenses every 12 months - based on the last date of service. $200 frame allowance or $120 allowance for contact lenses.
- Employer paid Basic Life Insurance
- Employee paid Voluntary Term Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Retirement - employees automatically participate in a lifetime defined benefit plan and have the option to contribute to a 457 deferred compensation plan via payroll deductions. All employees hired on or after January 1, 2016 may be in the District's Tier II pension plan covered by the Public Employees' Pension Reform Act of 2013 (PEPRA). As such, employee may be required to contribute a small portion of annual income towards the cost of the pension.
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for Health Care, Dependent Care, Parking, Transit
- AC Transit contributes up to $50.00/month towards an employee's FSA Transit costs
- Free AC Transit Bus Pass
- Federal Credit Union
- Vacation and Sick Leave or Personal Time Off
- Nine (9) paid holidays; 2 paid floating holidays; 1 paid birthday holiday
- Tuition Reimbursement - up to $2500 per fiscal year on approved courses
- Wellness Program
Pension: All AC Transit employees participate in a lifetime defined benefit pension. All employees hired on or after January 1, 2016, may be in the District's Tier II pension plan covered by the Public Employees' Pension Reform Act of 2013 (PEPRA). As such, he/she may be required to contribute a small portion of annual income towards the cost of his/hers District pension.
ADA Compliant and Drug Free Workplace: The Human Resources Department will make reasonable efforts in the recruitment/examination process to accommodate applicants with disabilities. If you have a need for an accommodation, please call Human Resources at (510) 891-4783.
The Alameda Contra Costa Transit District has established the goal of a 100 percent drug and alcohol-free workplace. Applicants will be required to undergo drug and alcohol testing prior to employment and those in safety sensitive positions will be subject to further drug and alcohol testing through their period of employment, including random drug and alcohol testing.
In accordance with federal requirements, all job applicants selected for appointments in a safety sensitive position are subject to pre-employment drug and alcohol testing. A final job applicant will be tested for five prohibited drugs: Cocaine, PCP, Amphetamines, Marijuana and Opiates. During employment, employees holding safety sensitive positions are subject to random, reasonable suspicion, post-accident, return-to-duty, and follow-up drug and alcohol testing. Additionally, in the event of an absence of more than 90 days from a safety sensitive position, pre-employment drug testing will be performed.
Equal Opportunity Employer