Work in the Albuquerque, Santa Fe and Espanola area!
Salary: $48k - $55k/yr. (plus eligibility to participate in a bonus program!)
Come help build the coolest convenience experience on the planet!
Are you a dedicated leader with a proven ability to create a fun and positive environment? As the Store Director Trainee, you'll be trained by a Store Director to oversee all aspects of the business. You will provide leadership and direction to your team and effectively lead the charge of living Maverik's vision and values. You will be trained on maximizing store profits by watching your expenses, ensuring that store standards for customer service, merchandising, food quality, and operations are flawlessly executed. From hiring and developing top talent to ensuring you have the products necessary to fuel our customer's adventures, you will constantly pursue high standards of performance from yourself and your team.
What You'll do as a Store Director Trainee:
- Supervise and train your team by assigning duties to ensure excellent performance
- Assist in the career development and performance management of all team members and corrective actions
- Ensure a highly satisfied, dedicated, and committed team.
- Promote excellent service and resolves customer complaints
- Inspect facilities and equipment for safety, cleanliness, and proper working order
- Safeguard and accounts for all money received and disbursed.
- Review and recommend improvements for the store's PNL, vendor analysis, and retail reports.
- Follow all city, county, state, and federal laws affecting store operations i.e. alcohol/tobacco/Lotto sales
- Meet the physical demands of lifting, bending, carrying, pushing, and pulling items weighing up to 50 lbs. as well as standing for long periods of time
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
What's in it for you:
- Fuel benefit: All Team Members receive 25off per gallon, up to 40 gallons a week.
- Education assistance/reimbursement (up to $5,500/yr.)
- Opportunity to Advance, we promote from within!
- 50% discount on food/drink items purchased while on shift
- Full and Part-time team members are eligible for: $75 annual gym reimbursement and 401k company match*, Paid Vacation/Holiday pay- start earning PTO on your first day! (*restrictions may apply)
- Full-time team members are eligible for: Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance, 401k with company match, $15,000 company-paid Life Insurance.
You'll be a Great Fit if You Have:
- A high school diploma, GED (required)
- 3+ years of supervisory experience in convenience store/retail (preferred)
- Extensive knowledge of food safety principles including FIFO, cross-contamination, and temperatures for storing, holding, reheating, and serving food
- Comprehensive-time management skills; know how to work smarter and not harder. The ability to multitask as well as prioritize and delegate as needed.
- A proven ability to stay calm and confident under pressure; while delivering extraordinary customer service
- Flexible schedules available; must be able to work a flexible schedule as needed:
- Day shifts, Night shifts, Weekdays, Weekends and Holidays.
What We Believe In:
- Treating others better than they expect to be treated
- Making Maverik a great place to work by having fun and taking responsibility
- Making Maverik a great operator for our customers by being a problem solver and putting the customer first
- Making Maverik a great growth company by sharing ideas and working to get better every day