Pay: $15.00 - $17.00/hr. with both career and growth opportunities!
The Assistant Manager is the right-hand of the Store Director. Your job is to be attentive to the employees by motivating them to succeed and improve. No matter the task, you will need to keep a level head, be able to multitask, and have excellent people skills. You will interact with customers, employees, vendors, and other members of management on a consistent basis. You will be eligible for 50% off of food, snacks, and drinks while on shift! Maverik believes in promoting from within, so there are plenty of opportunities to advance, and we offer bonus opportunities starting with our hourly team members!
What You'll do as an Assistant Manager:
- Perform all duties of the Store Team Member and Lead Team Member.
- Assist with training, mentoring, supervision, and provide leadership to all Team Members.
- Complete general reporting and bookkeeping responsibilities as required.
- Support effective store operations: inventory, cash management, bank deposits, staff meetings work schedules, shift checkout procedures, and food service quality.
- Support with the inspection of the facilities and equipment for safety, cleanliness, and proper working order, submitting requests for repairs/maintenance when appropriate.
- Support Foodservice operations
- Adhere to all city, county, state, and federal laws affecting store operations including the sale of tobacco and alcohol products.
- Meet the physical demands of lifting, bending, carrying, pushing, and pulling items weighing up to 50 lbs. as well as standing for long periods of time.
What's in it for you:
- Fuel benefit: All Team Members receive 25off per gallon, up to 40 gallons a week.
- Education assistance/reimbursement (up to $5,500/yr.)
- Opportunity to Advance, we promote from within!
- 50% discount on food/drink items purchased while on shift
- Full and Part-time team members are eligible for: $75 annual gym reimbursement and 401k company match*, Paid Vacation/Holiday pay- start earning PTO on your first day! (*restrictions may apply)
- Full-time team members are eligible for: Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance, 401k with company match, $15,000 company-paid Life Insurance.
You'll be a Great Fit if You Have:
- 1+ years of supervisory experience (preferred).
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Proven ability to stay calm and confident under pressure, while delivering extraordinary customer service.
- A high school diploma, GED (preferred)
- Flexible schedules available; must be able to work a flexible schedule as needed:
o Day shifts
o Night shifts
APPLY TODAY and join our team!
**IMMEDIATELY HIRING FOR ALL SHIFTS**