- To identify and deliver service improvement activity across the distribution center through employing process improvement methodologies.
- To assist in the development and implementation of a "best-in-class" continuous improvement strategy.
- To support the delivery of better value and greater efficiency through the identification and elimination of unnecessary complexity within business processes.
- Train and mentor on Lean concepts to distribution center associates.
- Oversees operational systems and processes to ensure the distribution center meets or exceeds KPI's.
- Plays a significant role in short / long term planning of tactical and strategical solutions for the distribution center.
- Partner with Asset and Product teams to align goals and objectives of vendors / suppliers with the company to ensure mutual goals and objectives are achieved.
- Identifies and drives new supplier opportunities with particular emphasis on the development of new services that blend unique supplier resource/capability along with service/capability to create a unique value proposition.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Level Specifications:
- Extensive knowledge and application of principles, theories and concepts. Complete knowledge of all job functions and the broad industry best practices, techniques and standards.
- Develops solutions to complex problems where analysis of situations and/or data requires in-depth evaluation of variables. Determine best approach to achieve results and provide suggestions to improve policies and procedures.
- Work is performed independently and requires the exercise of judgment and discretion. Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments. Work may be reviewed at a high-level.
- May represent the organization as a primary contact on assignments and/or projects. Interacts with senior professionals and management and frequently coordinates work between departments or organizations.
- Must be a "completer / finisher" taking accountability for ideas from inception to delivery, in an environment that requires robust metrics to confirm success.
- Must learn all aspects of the Gaffney operation in order to serve as a key member of the senior management team.
- Typically 6+ years including 2+ years of supervisory experience
Education and Certification (s):
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience from which comparable knowledge and job skills can be obtained.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills.
Avnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy of non-discrimination also applies to religious dress and grooming practices. Avnet will accommodate employee religious dress standards and grooming practices that do not result in undue hardship for the Company. If you are interested in applying for employment with Avnet and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position contact our Human Resources Service Center at (888) 994-7669.