Manages Dedicated Inventory business to ensure stock arrives in a timely manner and customer orders are fulfilled according to forecast. Coordinates with Sales, Asset, and Pricing during all aspects of the life cycle of order agreement. Plans, schedules and coordinates the efficient movement of material by planning, setting up and releasing orders to provide continuous product flow and on-time delivery of customer orders.
- Manages end-to-end process of Dedicated Inventory Program to meet margin and sales growth goals
- Determines material needs and availability of stock.
- Ensures customers meet the necessary requirements for setting up dedicated deals
- Works closely with operations, purchasing, sales, and pricing departments to achieve supply goals.
- Insures that the required parts and materials are available to meet both customer and inventory needs.
- Rearranges schedules to meet changing requirements such as customer orders, or material shortages.
- Responsible for procurement ERP business system data input and integrity
- Ensures customer compliance and all material is delivered to the customer
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Level Specifications:
- Extensive knowledge and application of principles, theories and concepts. Complete knowledge of all job functions and the broad industry best practices, techniques and standards.
- Develops solutions to complex problems where analysis of situations and/or data requires in-depth evaluation of variables. Determine best approach to achieve results and provide suggestions to improve policies and procedures.
- Work is performed independently and requires the exercise of judgment and discretion. Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments. Work may be reviewed at a high-level.
- May represent the organization as a primary contact on assignments and/or projects. Interacts with senior professionals and management and frequently coordinates work between departments or organizations.
- Actions may impact the organization. Failure to accomplish work will result in the inability to reach crucial organizational goals. Erroneous decisions may have a prolonged effect resulting in the expenditure of substantial resources.
- Typically 5+ years with bachelor's or equivalent.
Education and Certification (s):
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience from which comparable knowledge and job skills can be obtained.
- May be required to maintain certification in a quality management method, e.g., Lean, Six Sigma
- Background in both Sales and Operations preferred
- Position may require the ability to travel
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills.
Avnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy of non-discrimination also applies to religious dress and grooming practices. Avnet will accommodate employee religious dress standards and grooming practices that do not result in undue hardship for the Company. If you are interested in applying for employment with Avnet and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position contact our Human Resources Service Center at (888) 994-7669.