Oversees distribution center activities for some or all of the following processes: packing, shipping, receiving, order fulfillment, stock handling, storing, distribution and inventory support. Provides high quality, cost effective, and efficient service to meet current and future demands. Optimizes facilities utilization, process execution and compliance with internal policies and procedures and external regulations. Provides oversight and direction for assigned employees, financial and operational activities.
- Manages order fulfillment from stored inventory, meeting customer requirements and inspection/testing processes; order shipments within time commitments in the most cost effective manner; communication with customers regarding any fulfillment issues or problems.
- Manages inventory through periodic and special inventory counts, reconciles discrepancies, and ensures accuracy including returns of defective materials.
- Ensures documentation is complete, accurate and processed appropriately.
- Plans, develops and/or implements quality assurance procedures. Evaluates quality deviations to determine cause, effect, and corrective measures. Surveys customers periodically regarding accuracy, quality, efficiency, adherence to specifications and overall customer experience.
- Ensures work area is well maintained and in compliance with all safety regulations and department policies including ESD requirements.
- Ensures equipment is safe, in good repair, functioning appropriately and calibrated to be in full compliance with required military, ISO and other quality standards. Participates in the evaluation, recommendation and implementation of new equipment or equipment enhancements.
- Creates, reviews, updates, presents, manages and/or contributes to statistical, narrative, financial regularly scheduled and ad hoc written and oral reports and presentations.
- Assesses productivity measures, identifies trends and monitors department activity.
- Identifies, investigates, and participates in opportunities to improve processes and procedures, to include various key performance metrics.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Level Specifications:
- Coordinates and supervises the daily activities of business or technical support teams comprised of individual contributors. Sets priorities for the team to ensure task completion. May coordinate work activities with other supervisors.
- Directs routine and repetitive operations of team.
- Assignments are largely established in accordance with schedules and deliverables. Decisions are guided by policies, procedures and business plans.
- Collaborates daily with direct reports and peers within similar functions primarily for the purpose of exchanging information.
- Decisions have a direct impact on team operations. Erroneous decisions or failure to achieve results may cause delays in schedules and require the allocation of additional time, people and/or financial resources.
- Typically 4+ years relevant work experience
Education and Certification (s):
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience from which comparable knowledge and job skills can be obtained.
Must have excellent verbal and electronic communication skills for all warehouse disciplines.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills.
Avnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy of non-discrimination also applies to religious dress and grooming practices. Avnet will accommodate employee religious dress standards and grooming practices that do not result in undue hardship for the Company. If you are interested in applying for employment with Avnet and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position contact our Human Resources Service Center at (888) 994-7669.