Innovate high-purity, high-performance chemicals and materials
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers,
innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
Advanced Materials is a global supplier of fluorine
products, fine chemicals, additives, metals, films and fibers for products
including pharmaceuticals, refrigeration, semiconductors and military
protection. Advanced Materials is making the world safer, cleaner and enabling
the modernization of a growing middle class by enhancing our customer offerings
through a differentiated portfolio of chemistries, materials, value-added
solutions and superior customer service. Our mission is to attract, retain and
develop diverse and highly motivated, entrepreneurial employees striving to
flawlessly deliver superior value to our customers every day.
The Manufacturing Technician will be
responsible for mastering processes for multiple stations to result in quality
of end product. Interested individuals should be able to work independently and
as a team. Safety is of the highest priority and each individual is responsible
for their work area to be maintained and follow all safety regulations. The
Manufacturing Technician position is a rotating 12-hour shift position. This
position involves routine and lengthy exposure to the elements. The position requires regular walking for the
majority of the shift as well as climbing ladders and stairs. The position will also may occasionally drive
a fork truck. Additionally, the position
entails monitoring certain processes and regularly requires turning valves that
require torque of up to 50 lbs and lifting up to 50lbs with assistance. The incumbent must be able to use proper PPE
which may include but is not limited to: full respirator, dust masks, hard
hats, hearing protection, gloves, safety glasses or goggles, long sleeves, and
steel toe shoes or boots.
- Responsible for following standard work to operate one station (at a given time) in a continuous flow catalyst process unit.
- Expected to certify on multiple stations and stay current with improvements on how to operate each station.
- Write end of shift report and do shift exchange at beginning and end of shift. Attend and contribute to a beginning of shift production meeting
- Participate in the Structured Safety Process (SSP), which will require specific safety precautions/activities to be completed every month.
- Participate in Rapid Problem Solving to help quickly identify ways to get back to standard if production falls short.
- Participate in and drive Continuous Improvement activities or suggestions to help make improvements on quality, cost and delivery.
- Responsible for any Life Critical permitting needed when work is performed at assigned station. This includes: LOTO, Line Break, Hot Works and Confined Space.
- The Manufacturing Technician is ultimately responsible to ensure that work being done in the immediate area is safe and follows all safety procedures
- Follow work instructions from Team Supervisor, attend all meetings as necessary and any other duties assigned in course of shift.
**This will be a 12 hour rotating shift, 365 days a year position.**
- High School
Diploma or GED
- 2 years of
experience in an industrial/ manufacturing environment or a Honeywell
- 2 years of
experience of troubleshooting
- Basic working
knowledge of Microsoft package
- 3 years of
experience in a chemical manufacturing environment
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to a diverse
- JOB ID: HRD171278
- Category: Integrated Supply Chain
- Location: 8725 Mooringsport Rd,Shreveport,Louisiana,71107,United States
- Due to US export control laws, must be a US citizen, permanent resident or have protected status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.