Combines inside sales/customer service and technical/systems knowledge to sell products, services and solutions to new and existing customers/account base through a variety of inbound and outbound multimedia communications (e.g., telephone, email, fax, portals). Effectively develops and manages trusted relationships for assigned customers/accounts. Promotes company options and solutions to customers on a regular basis. Identifies sales opportunities to deliver focused market/brand solutions to the customer resulting in increased market share, sales and margin for suppliers and maximizing value to the company. Consistently delivers revenue or profit that supports and drives the account/customer to meet financial sales metrics.
- Delivers solutions or finds new opportunities for a positive customer experience utilizing independent judgment and sales methodology.
- Initiates and answers sales inquiries directly from/to prospective and/or existing customers to promote product offerings, services and capabilities.
- Promptly and accurately responds to prospective or existing customer information requests.
- Monitors/follows up on sales activities throughout the process to meet or exceed customer requirements from initial contact to order fulfillment.
- Maintains and expands sales with existing accounts through a high level of customer service and customer knowledge (e.g., Distribution Total Available Market (DTAM), projects in pipeline, critical start dates).
- Working in a team environment, proactively coordinates sales efforts and strategies with internal resources such as product, materials, field sales and suppliers.
- Effectively communicates with customers regarding current product information and provides accurate and detailed pricing, quotes, and input on products and final solutions.
- Coordinates existing customer requirements for inventories, delivery lead time and unit prices.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Level Specifications:
- Extensive knowledge of the organization, job, practices and procedures, enabling a high level of contribution.
- Completes complex assignments requiring significant judgment, initiative and problem solving skills.
- Work is performed under minimal guidance and assigned in the form of desired expectations. Independent judgment is used to determine best approach and creativity is expected to achieve maximum results and handle new situations.
- Collaboration with internal or external contacts. May participate on teams for special assignments. Responds to requests from customers, senior management, internal and/or external contacts.
- Actions may have significant impact to department as well as others. Errors may be difficult to detect and remedy and potentially result in loss of customer business, materials, money and/or time.
- Typically requires a minimum of five years of related experience.
Education and Certification(s):
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Possesses expert knowledge of customer needs, products and complexity of business services.
- Exhibits the ability to identify new qualified customers for inclusion in Avnet's portfolio of increasingly more complex accounts.
- Maybe required to occasionally travel to customer sites or attend training including some overnight travel.
- Advanced knowledge of systems such as SAP, ERP, order management.
- Full knowledge of Excel skills allowing for problem solving, formulas, analysis, formatting and manipulation of data.
- Full knowledge of QuoteFX, SupplierWin, PowerPoint, WebEx.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills.
Avnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy of non-discrimination also applies to religious dress and grooming practices. Avnet will accommodate employee religious dress standards and grooming practices that do not result in undue hardship for the Company. If you are interested in applying for employment with Avnet and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position contact our Human Resources Service Center at (888) 994-7669.