NYU Langone Health is a world-class, patient-centered, integrated academic medical center, known for its excellence in clinical care, research, and education. It comprises more than 200 locations throughout the New York area, including five inpatient locations, a children's hospital, three emergency rooms and a level 1 trauma center. Also part of NYU Langone Health is the Laura and Isaac Perlmutter Cancer Center, a National Cancer Institute designated comprehensive cancer center, and NYU Grossman School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. For more information, go to nyulangone.org, and interact with us on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Indeed, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Senior Desktop Technician.
In this role, the successful Senior Desktop Technician will be applying technical expertise in one or more IT disciplines. Provides and maintains a reliable technical infrastructure to serve the customer community effectively. It includes running, maintaining, and troubleshooting systems, servers, networks, or desktop environments; responding promptly and effectively to customer problems; directly resolving the issues or escalating to the appropriate resource; and monitoring its sufficient resolution. Receives general direction; work in progress is reviewed routinely.
- Customer Service and Communication:
- Demonstrate an ability to communicate technical terms, MCIT policies, and challenging messages to end-users in a service-oriented fashion.
- Provide one-on-one instructions/training/guidance to end-users and the help desk on properly using hardware/software and standard procedures.
- Provide exemplary customer service across all organization levels; embrace a "never-say-no" attitude when addressing customer issues.
- Follow established guidelines and standards to communicate consistent messages aligned with NYU Langone Health IT Department.
- Technical Skills (End User Device administration/configuration/support/troubleshooting, Use of tools and utilities):
- Responsible for the implementation, installation, maintenance, and support of end-user infrastructure Support equipment, software, and connectivity for PCs - Macintosh and Windows workstations, printers, LAN, AV, Video conferencing, telephone.
- Responsible for implementing known solutions to software and hardware problems and performing basic troubleshooting in their area of expertise.
- Provide over-the-phone and on-site Tier 2 assistance to users: problem identification, instruction, and resolution of problems; escalate to Tier 3 when necessary.
- Perform diagnostic checks on desktop computers to maintain machine capabilities and freedom from viruses.
- Independently design technical solutions for project modules, resolve most problems and select appropriate work procedures or approaches to address technical challenges.
- Administrative Tasks & Record Keeping (Journal Notes, Ticket Entries, etc.):
- Responsible for creating and maintaining written documentation on problem solutions, tool configurations, and end-user documentation.
- Monitor the assigned desktop queue(s) in the ticket system. Log real-time written journal entries documenting all ticket requests and close tickets within established service levels.
- Be compliant with all responsibilities and administrative tasks: time entry, timely journal entries, use of standard email templates, etc.
- Project Participation:
- Assist in implementing and planning small projects or projects specific to the tech's assigned department.
- Involved in installing and upgrade of new software, hardware, systems, servers, networks, etc.
- Participates in testing and evaluating new software, hardware, systems, servers, networks, etc., and implements prototypes.
- ITSM Metrics
- Responsible for resolving a specified number of tickets per day.
- Responsible for resolving a percentage of monthly tickets using remote support tools.
- Responsible for resolving a percentage of monthly tickets at desktop sites using mobile tools and devices.
- Responsible for publishing ticket updates to self-service interface to keep end-users appraised of their request status.
- The technician is responsible for notifying ticket ownership and contacting users using established technology.
- Responsible to close tickets promptly while striving to reduce the meantime to resolve each issue.
Additional Position Specific Responsibilities:
Typically requires four or more years of experience and a BA/BS degree. Must be able to lift 40 lbs weight. May be required to work weekends and stay as late as necessary.
To qualify you must have a Typically requires 4 or more years of experience and BA/BS degree.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Health provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Health's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.