NYU Langone Health is a world-class, patient-centered, integrated academic medical center, known for its excellence in clinical care, research, and education. It comprises more than 200 locations throughout the New York area, including five inpatient locations, a children's hospital, three emergency rooms and a level 1 trauma center. Also part of NYU Langone Health is the Laura and Isaac Perlmutter Cancer Center, a National Cancer Institute designated comprehensive cancer center, and NYU Grossman School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. For more information, go to nyulangone.org, and interact with us on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Indeed, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Associate Director of Strategy and Planning.
In this role, the successful Associate Director of Strategy and Planning, will be responsible for supporting efforts to further NYULH Information Technology towards meeting our strategic vision of a truly digital, world-class, fully integrated academic medical center. This role focuses on strategic initiatives that are forward looking and thinking for the department. The position reports administratively to the AVP of EPMO, Strategy and Operations but works closely with and takes direction from the CIO. Over time, additional responsibilities may augment the position
- Work directly with the Chief Digital and Information Officer to shape and communicate strategic priorities and initiatives that support the NYULH and IT vision
- Partner with IT leadership, Enterprise Project Management Office, and IT delivery teams to translate strategies to actionable plans
- Help teams to tie business objectives and KPIs with product goals, roadmaps, and metrics
- Develop or improve frameworks and processes to facilitate strategic discovery and planning
- Plan for and facilitate workshops and other strategic planning activities with members of the IT community
- Present and communicate opportunities and proposals with clarity, effectively selling ideas to variety of stakeholders and Senior Management
- Conduct external research on emerging technology or digital innovation opportunities, and create deliverables to succinctly communicate the findings and recommendations for application into the enterprise
- Manage the MCIT Innovation Program, enabling all IT staff to bring forward innovation proposals, and foster them through an innovation lifecycle
- Collaborate cross-functionally with IT departments on strategic initiatives supporting digital transformation (e.g. digital product development, cloud transition, data and analytics innovations, etc.)
- Support MCIT Department/Leadership programming
- Identify opportunities for improvement, and initiate own proposals/projects to address the opportunities
- Manage and cultivate a team of strategy analysts engaged in various strategic planning and delivery initiatives across the department
Additional Position Specific Responsibilities:
Translates concepts into strategy and actionable plans; Ability to operate effectively in ambiguity and lead others to make decisions and action plans; Passion for creating structure from ambiguity; Strategic thinking; Demonstrated excellence in communications, both written and verbal; Experience conducting business analysis; Ability to generate business case/ROI based on research and modeling; An enthusiastic business problem solver, innovator, continuous learner; self-starter, Superior organization, planning and time management skills; Self-starter with enthusiastic work ethic and attention to detail. Experience with people development and management
To qualify you must have a B.S. degree in information systems, engineering or related field.
5 years experience in Information Systems or Management Consulting.
B.S. degree in information systems, engineering or related field; 7+ years in IT with strong experience in strategy, operations research, or similar disciplines; Healthcare experience required; Prior management consulting experience preferred; understanding of the requirements of an integrated academic medical center; Effective leader, dynamic personality, persuasive speaker, collaborative worker;
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Health provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Health's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.