NYU Langone Health is a world-class, patient-centered, integrated academic medical center, known for its excellence in clinical care, research, and education. It comprises more than 200 locations throughout the New York area, including five inpatient locations, a children's hospital, three emergency rooms and a level 1 trauma center. Also part of NYU Langone Health is the Laura and Isaac Perlmutter Cancer Center, a National Cancer Institute designated comprehensive cancer center, and NYU Grossman School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. For more information, go to nyulangone.org, and interact with us on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Indeed, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a PD-Radiotherapy Technologist - **Cancer Center**.
In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for implementing medically prescribed Radiation Therapy treatment under general supervision.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Delivers planned course of radiation therapy, following appropriate guidelines. Assures that Rx & Physics plan are signed by Physician prior to treatment. Sets up patient using triangulation methods & properly interprets physics plan. Uses correct immobilization & beam shaping devices. Maintains millimeter accuracy specifically in IMRT treatments and Sets Mus and parameters correctly.
- Documents all treatments rendered and maintains appropriate work records. Documents daily treatments completely & legibly. Records all simple simulation data on Departmental Form. Documents, dates & signs all changes to treatment set-up and ensures all treatment forms & special procedure forms are complete. Captures all charges correctly & accurately enters charges in Varis system.
- Identifies patient teaching needs as part of the Radiation Therapy treatment course. Effectively explains technical procedure to patient. Interacts with patients family in a professional manner, Directs patient to Physician or RN for medical concerns. Informs patient of the availability of the Patient Learning Center and ensures that the patient sees the Physician on Weekly Status Check Day.
- Performs all prescribed quality control checks on equipment, monitoring constantly for malfunctions. Performs morning QA checks as per Departmental Standards. Reports any out-of-speculation readings to Physics immediately. Withholds treatments if speculation is out of acceptable range. Reports any malfunctions that may occur during the day to the Chief Therapist or Physics.
- Maintains all equipment used during treatments. Participates in training and monitoring the performance of Radiation Therapy students during their clinical hours. Trains students on proper patient set-up techniques answers students questions and completes student evaluation along with supervisor. Reports student absence or lateness to supervis.
- Participates in in-service programs and conferences.
To qualify you must have a Graduate of an approved AMA program in Radiation Therapy required. ARRT certified and NYS License in Radiation Therapy Technology. Good communication skills..
Required Licenses: Radiologic Tech Lic - NYS, Am Registry Of Radiologic Tech
Megavoltage, superficial and simulator experience.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Health provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Health's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.