3Play Media is a rapidly growing, profitable tech company that directly impacts the lives of millions of people each day. Our mission is simple: make video accessible to everyone. We do this by delivering the leading closed captioning, live and recorded captioning, localization, and audio description services, transcription, and translation solution to over 10,000 global media, enterprise and higher education customers. Founded at MIT Sloan in 2008, 3Play Media is headquartered in Boston's vibrant North End with sites in Minneapolis, MN, Glendale, CA as well as Calgary, Canada.
At 3Play Media, you will be part of a dedicated team working to make media accessible to a wide and inclusive audience. We provide accessibility solutions for leading organizations across many industries. Together, we provide the most complete suite of high quality, reliable solutions for media accessibility - making 3Play Media the new market leader.
We are looking for a talented creative writer to create, proof, and occasionally narrate description scripts for network and streaming television programming along with other video content. The purpose of these scripts is to make the visual content accessible to a blind or low-vision audience.
DAY TO DAY:
- Write clear, concise scripts describing on-screen visuals in language appropriate to the style and intended audience of the program
- Develop and utilize efficient research methods
- Ability to follow direction with feedback given from management
- Review and edit peers scripts while providing creative and technical feedback
- Ability to perform utilizing a detailed in-house style guide
- Create transcripts or other specialized script files.
- Willingness to work with the blind and low-vision community to better understand the perspectives of our audience.
- Ability to complete projects within tight deadlines (may involve interacting with clients)
- Document progress of each job using in-house scheduling software
- Perform other related and assigned duties
WHO YOU ARE:
- Strong, creative writing skills, including the ability to describe on-screen action
- Ability to adapt to a unique writing style and edit other individuals scripts
- Follow technical direction with the ability to learn various software programs
- Strong, clear speaking voice with experience in voiceover, acting, radio, or broadcasting is a plus
- Willingness to work occasion overtime based on business need
- 2- or 4-year degree in English, Communications, Journalism, Broadcasting, TV/Film Production, or equivalent experience. An advanced degree in Creative Writing is a plus.
- Ability to work swing shift (Mon-Fri onsite - 3:30PM - 12:00AM)
OUR PROMISE TO YOU:
- We are trusted, creative, curious, and passionate people who care deeply about our teammates and the work we do.
- The work is exciting and gratifying, and you would make a direct impact on our success.
- From professional growth and development opportunities to competitive compensation and personalized benefit plans, we've got you taken care of.
- Located in the historic International Market Square building near the North Loop, our office is modern, casual, and accessible. In addition to snacks and free coffee 24 hours a day, we offer free ramp parking and badged access to the building, as well as secure bike storage.
- We display respect and embrace inclusion. It's at the heart of what we do. 3Play Media provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected federal, state or local laws.