$81,996.00 - $97,925.00 Annually
External Affairs, Marketing & Communications
AC Transit is actively searching for an experienced Executive Administrative Assistant for the External Affairs, Marketing & Communications department. Under the direction of an assigned executive or Board Officer, performs a wide variety of, confidential and complex administrative and office support duties.
This is an excellent opportunity to work for the largest bus agency in California. In addition to working with some of the best in the business, AC Transit also has an excellent benefits package that includes pension, medical, dental and vision coverage, flexible spending and a 457 savings plan.
- Screens office visitors and telephone calls, and responds to requests, complaints, and inquiries of a complex and confidential nature, from the public and District staff, and refers to other staff, where appropriate.
- Disseminates information using discretion, and by appropriately applying and interpreting regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Compiles data for reports and other materials; and prepares administrative reports and projects.
- Establishes, maintains, and modifies executive office files, records, spreadsheets, and logs.
- Coordinates meetings, prepares agendas, arranges facilities and equipment, and assembles meeting materials and related media including folders, binders, and copies.
- Makes travel and conference arrangements; and submits and tracks reimbursement requests for the assigned executive or Board Officer, and others, as instructed. Organizes and maintains appointments, schedules, and calendars for the assigned executive or Board Officer; and coordinates office activities and schedules with other departments, third parties, and the public.
- Composes, prepares and proofreads correspondence, letters, reports, memoranda, agendas, and other documents, makes corrections, and revises drafts as needed.
- Provides administrative support to District boards, committees, and/or task forces, as assigned; including posting legal notices, preparing agendas, assembling background materials, and taking and transcribing meeting minutes.
- Maintains departmental content on the District's intranet, and /or internet website.
- Acts as a point of contact to the public, members of the Board, and other agencies at the request of the assigned executive or Board Officer.
- Recommends and implements procedural changes affecting office activities.
- Monitors and reconciles expenses for the assigned executive or Board Officer.
- Initiates and completes special projects and assignments, as assigned.
- May plan, assign, train, review, and assist in evaluating the work of subordinate clerical personnel.
- Performs related duties, as required.
Education: Equivalent to completion of an Associate's degree from an accredited college or university, with major coursework in business, accounting, or a related field.
Experience: Equivalent to at least six (6) years of recent and verifiable administrative support experience for executive-level management personnel, involving frequent public contact.
Desirable Qualifications: Knowledge of common software used in office environments, and/or a willingness to learn about new software to increase efficiency such as Microsoft Office Products including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint; Peoplesoft; Granicus / Legistar; Wrike; SharePoint; and others. Knowledge of Quarterly FPPC filing process.
Physical Requirements: (1) Must maintain the physical condition necessary to perform tasks in an office setting and operate computers, keyboards, and other peripheral equipment. (2) Must possess the mobility necessary to travel expeditiously within the AC Transit District to perform the duties of the job. (3) Some positions in this classification may be required to lift up to 25 pounds regularly.
THIS POSITION IS AN UNREPRESENTED POSITION
The Selection Process:
The Human Resources department must receive a completed online application by the filling date. If this recruitment is "Continuous," it may be closed at any time without notice. Applications will be screened for job related qualifications, and those candidates who best meeting the qualifications listed on this Job Announcement will be invited to participate in an examination process that may include written, oral and/or performance segments. Current District employees must have satisfactory attendance and performance records. Finalists will be placed on an Eligibility List. When filling vacancies, the Human Resources Department will refer the top candidates to the hiring department for final screening and recommendation.
Vaccination Requirement for Candidates Seeking Employment:
Alameda-Contra Costa Transit District has implemented a requirement that requires all candidates for District employment to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, including variants, prior to being employed by the District, subject to limited exceptions. AC Transit adopted this vaccination policy as an emergency public health response to mitigate the negative public health consequences associated with increased incidence and test positivity rates and the prevalence of new virus variants, including increased hospitalizations, intensive care unit admissions, and deaths.
As such, candidates seeking District employment will be required to: (1) be fully vaccinated (two weeks after completion of the entire recommended COVID-19 vaccination series) and (2) submit a copy of their COVID-19 vaccination card prior to their start date, unless a reasonable accommodation request for a medical or religious exemption has been approved.
The transit professionals who call AC Transit home represent the rich cultural diversity of the Bay Area. For more than 60 years, we have been an equal opportunity employer honoring religion, ethnic background, national origin, gender, gender expression, genetic information, disabilities, age, and veteran status. We are not only an inclusive employer but also offer a comprehensive benefits package rooted in choice, flexibility, and affordability. Most Benefits are effective the first of the month following your hire date. Employees and eligible dependents have access to the following benefits*:
*AC Transit benefits are negotiated and subject to change based on collective bargaining agreements.
- Medical - Choice of two Health Maintenance Organizations (HMOs): Kaiser Permanente and Health Net. $10.00 office visit co-pays; $5.00 - $35.00 prescription co-pays.
- Dental - MetLife Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) $50 annual deductible per person/$150 per family; $3,000 per person annual maximum; preventative care covered at 100%; basic and major care covered at 90%; $4,000 lifetime maximum orthodontia covered at 50%.
- Vision - Vision Service Plan - $10.00 copay; eligible for an exam, lenses, frames or contact lenses every 12 months - based on the last date of service. $200 frame allowance or $120 allowance for contact lenses.
- Employer paid Basic Life Insurance
- Employee paid Voluntary Term Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Retirement - employees automatically participate in a lifetime defined benefit plan and have the option to contribute to a 457 deferred compensation plan via payroll deductions. All employees hired on or after January 1, 2016 may be in the District's Tier II pension plan covered by the Public Employees' Pension Reform Act of 2013 (PEPRA). As such, employee may be required to contribute a small portion of annual income towards the cost of the pension.
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for Health Care, Dependent Care, Parking, Transit
- AC Transit contributes up to $50.00/month towards an employee's FSA Transit costs
- Free AC Transit Bus Pass
- Federal Credit Union
- Vacation and Sick Leave or Personal Time Off
- Nine (9) paid holidays; 2 paid floating holidays; 1 paid birthday holiday
- Tuition Reimbursement - up to $2500 per fiscal year on approved courses
- Wellness Program
All AC Transit employees participate in a lifetime defined benefit pension. All employees hired on or after January 1, 2016, may be in the District's Tier II pension plan covered by the Public Employees' Pension Reform Act of 2013 (PEPRA). As such, he/she may be required to contribute a small portion of annual income towards the cost of his/hers District pension.
ADA Compliant and Drug Free Workplace:
The Human Resources Department will make reasonable efforts in the recruitment/examination process to accommodate applicants with disabilities. If you have a need for an accommodation, please call Human Resources at (510) 891-4783.
The Alameda Contra Costa Transit District has established the goal of a 100 percent drug and alcohol-free workplace. Applicants will be required to undergo drug and alcohol testing prior to employment and those in safety sensitive positions will be subject to further drug and alcohol testing through their period of employment, including random drug and alcohol testing.
In accordance with federal requirements, all job applicants selected for appointments in a safety sensitive position are subject to pre-employment drug and alcohol testing. A final job applicant will be tested for five prohibited drugs: Cocaine, PCP, Amphetamines, Marijuana and Opiates. During employment, employees holding safety sensitive positions are subject to random, reasonable suspicion, post-accident, return-to-duty, and follow-up drug and alcohol testing. Additionally, in the event of an absence of more than 90 days from a safety sensitive position, pre-employment drug testing will be performed.
Equal Opportunity Employer