Why We Need You
PagerDuty is a high growth enterprise SaaS company revolutionizing operations for our customers. As we rapidly innovate our product platform, grow our customer base, expand to new markets, engage new channels, grow our unique diverse global team and build value for shareholders, we are looking for an experienced strategic finance leader to transform our level of business partnership to maximize our growth opportunities, optimize our investments and drive efficient scaling as we grow to and beyond $1B in revenue.
The ideal candidate has extensive experience in leading and driving corporate and business operations finance in a high growth technology based environment with rapidly changing market dynamics, and is an inspirational leader who leads by example.
The role reports to our CFO and will be a key business partner with our executive team.
This close business partnership with internal business leaders, has a strong company orientation, influencing and driving business outcomes which is manifest in:
- Serving as a thought leader to the executive team in meeting short-term goals while also maintaining the foundation for the long term strategy
- Guiding short term investments in the annual cycle, while understanding and tracking ROI of strategic corporate investments, creating an investment framework to guide these decisions
- Maturing and evolving the FP&A function to become proactive, predictive and insight oriented, enabling our business leaders to make strategic decisions and grow our business
- Selecting and leveraging the latest technology and automation capabilities to ensure that standard reporting and analysis is done in an efficient manner producing reliable analysis
- Ensuring finance business partners have an intimate knowledge of their business areas, and relevant experience so as to rapidly pivot to support changes in business drivers, scenario modeling and proactively initiate performance improvements
- Maintaining a driver based rolling 8 quarter forecast, providing visibility into our being able to meet or beat our goals, or inform how we allocate or reallocate capital, and thereby ensuring a simple agile annual planning process
- Ensuring highly integrated organic strategic and operational plans across all functions to drive growth and efficiency initiatives
- Building close relationships with external stakeholders and industry experts to provide insights and proactive integration of external economic conditions, benchmarking and capital management opportunities to enable strategic discussion with the CEO and CFO
- Compelling engagement by business leaders with their finance business partners, leading to PagerDuty maintaining high growth and scaling efficiently
- Providing strategic guidance in evaluating inorganic investment opportunities
- Partnering with Investor Relations in evolving the company narrative for investors, and creating a reliable foundation of business metrics/KPIs, including managing the company's long term financial model, architecting and maintaining the company's public market guidance /"beat and raise" model.
- Proactively providing input, analysis and recommendations on improving the company capital structure and supporting the evolution of the company ESG program,
- Extensive financial budget management experience, driving business leaders to manage to budgets and forecast, adapting to changing market dynamics
- Able to understand complex business drivers, produce high-quality analytics, develop insights and communicate clearly and succinctly to a different audiences (business leaders to executives)
- Able to work cross functionally, adapt to changing priorities, manage multiple priorities with accuracy and efficiency while meeting deadlines.
- Maintains the highest accuracy and precision, and someone who is highly organized and can manage a diverse team with a diverse range of responsibilities
- Strong executive leadership skills with experience partnering at the board, investor, and executive management levels
- Forward-thinking, analytical and problem-solving mindset with a desire to constantly improve the status quo. Drawn to building off of ambiguous and unsolved problems and "making it happen", while being comfortable to make decisions using available data points which can be limited or imperfect
- Extensive experience building, leading and developing the FP&A function in public companies, working with large organizations, leading and managing high-performing teams
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills and proven experience in cultivating collaborative working relationships with teams across an organization.
- International experience and a demonstrated ability to work across multiple geographies and cultures
- Action-oriented professional with a take-charge, can-do attitude
- 15+ years of experience working in high growth environments, with experience in public SaaS or Software companies
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related field; advanced degree preferred
PagerDuty is a global company focused on inclusion and employee well-being by building a culture that isn't location specific and gives equal opportunity to everyone-regardless of where you are working.
As a Dutonian, you can expect competitive pay and benefits; structured learning, development, and advancement; immersion in our award-winning company culture; and exceptional colleagues. PagerDuty currently has offices in Atlanta, Lisbon, London, San Francisco, Sydney, Tokyo, and Toronto, with remote opportunities in those countries and Chile. We offer a hybrid, flexible workplace, while also providing ample opportunities for connection in-person and virtually with your fellow Dutonians.
Not sure if you qualify?
Apply anyway! We extend opportunities to a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you're new to the corporate world, returning to work after a gap in employment, or simply looking to transition or take the next step in your career path, we are excited to connect with you.
One way we ensure our employees are inspired to do their best is through a comprehensive total rewards approach that supports them and their loved ones. As a global organization, our programs are competitive with industry standards and aligned with local laws and regulations.
Your package may include:
- Competitive salary and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package from day one
- Flexible work arrangements
- ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Program)
- Retirement or pension plan
- Paid parental leave - up to 22 weeks for pregnant parent, up to 12 weeks for non-pregnant parent (some countries have longer leave standards and we comply with local laws)
- Generous paid vacation time
- Paid holidays and sick leave
- Paid volunteer time off - 20 hours per year
- Bi-annual company-wide hack weeks
- Mental wellness programs
- Dutonian Wellness Days & Midyear Wellness Week - scheduled company-wide paid days off in addition to PTO and scheduled holidays
- HibernationDuty - a week each year when everyone at PagerDuty, with the exception of a small, coverage crew, is asked to take a much needed break to truly disconnect and recharge
PagerDuty, Inc. (NYSE:PD) is a leader in digital operations management. In an always-on world, organizations of all sizes trust PagerDuty to help them deliver a better digital experience to their customers, every time. Teams use PagerDuty to identify issues and opportunities in real time and bring together the right people to fix problems faster and prevent them in the future. Notable customers include Cisco, Genentech, Electronic Arts, Cox Automotive, Shopify, Zoom, DoorDash and more.
Led by CEO Jennifer Tejada, 50% of our board of directors is comprised of women, 45% of our managers are from underrepresented groups, and we are a proud member of the Pledge 1% Movement, committed to donating 1% Equity, 1% Employee time, and 1% Product to accelerate change in our communities.
PagerDuty is Great Place to Work-certified, a Fortune Best Place to Work for Women, and a top rated product on TrustRadius and G2.
Go behind-the-scenes @pagerdutylife on Instagram.
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and isan Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. PagerDuty provides equal employment opportunities to allqualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
PagerDuty is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. Should you require accommodation, please email email@example.com and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program