About the company
Albertsons Companies is at the forefront of the revolution in retail. With a fixation on innovation and building culture, our team is rallying our company around a unique vision: Forging a retail winner that is admired for national strength, deep roots in the communities we serve, and a team that has passion for food and delivering great service
Albertsons is one of the largest retail employers, providing approximately 300,000 jobs across 2,200 stores, 22 distribution centers, 20 food and beverage plants and various support offices. We operate in 34 states and the District of Columbia under the Albertsons banner, as well as Safeway, Tom Thumb, Jewel Osco, Shaw's, and many more recognizable names.
What you will be doing
Albertsons Companies' Technology and Engineering Specialty Retail Team is looking for a Solution Architect that is a technical thought leader who can create solution architectures and designs using the latest technology.
This role requires hands-on software engineering and technical leadership skills, as well as the ability to derive simplicity from complexity in their software designs and engineering solutions. The candidate will work closely with technical leadership and vendors, and they will heavily collaborate with many engineering teams, enterprise architects, business stakeholders, and leadership teams across the enterprise. These teams are distributed across various geographical locations, including Pleasanton, CA, Phoenix, AZ and Manila, Philippines. This role provides excellent opportunities to work with very driven and talented retail industry individuals to contribute to the company's strategic digital transformation initiatives and create a superior and seamless experience for millions of Albertsons/Safeway customers.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance for the architecture and design of solutions that directly benefit our business partners and retail customers.
- Convert abstract business ideas into technical architectures, designs, and implemented solutions.
- Partner with other Solution Architects and Enterprise Architects to drive modular, micro services-based solutions and implement a quality and stable product using standards-based Java, Spring boot, Kafka and other modern software technologies.
- Develop and deploy applications using the organization's technology practices, standards, and procedures, including adherence to software design principals. Conduct development and code reviews and ensure alignment with enterprise grade security and DevOps/infrastructure standards.
- Define and create reusable application components/patterns from both business and technology perspectives.
- Research the marketplace for engineering trends and work with engineering practices teams to drive standardization across the organization
- Analyze business processes, perform fit-gap analysis, reduce inefficiencies, and evaluate risks to determine appropriate process and system design.
- Foster a culture of innovation within the team and encourage creative solutions.
- Responsible for leading and mentoring distributed technical teams (on-shore, off-shore and near-shore) through different stages of the agile engineering lifecycle.
- Independently advise stakeholders during project implementations, conduct training as needed, and review and simplify complex concepts and system interactions across multiple levels of the organization.
- Function as a domain expert in systems integration. The responsibilities range from advising stakeholders on strategic options, proposing architectural designs, evaluating impact analysis, documenting implementation plans, and reviewing test plans.
- Lead troubleshooting and root cause determination and proactively identify opportunities to resolve issues.
- Responsible for the accuracy and quality of project deliverables, such as the Solutions Architecture Document, operational run book, and the application/system install and configuration documentation.
- Analyze existing product software and recommend modifications that will enhance operating efficiencies and address business and regulatory requirements.
- Develop strong working relationships across multiple levels within Engineering, Product, and Business teams to ensure overall project success.
- Partner with Information Security and Privacy teams to ensure a