Job posting has expiredBack to search results
Vice President of Safety, Security, and Technology
| Planned Parenthood of Wisconsin, Inc.|
United States, Wisconsin, Milwaukee
302 N Jackson St (Show on map)
|December 05, 2022|
PLANNED PARENTHOOD OF WISCONSIN, INC.
VICE PRESIDENT OF SAFETY, SECURITY, & TECHNOLOGY
At Planned Parenthood of Wisconsin, Inc. (PPWI), we work to provide quality, affordable health care services, comprehensive education, and strong advocacy. We serve over 60,000 patients annually in 22 health centers statewide, making us the largest and most trusted reproductive health care provider in Wisconsin. Our goal is to help keep Wisconsin safe, healthy and strong!
This is an excellent opportunity for a Vice President of Safety, Security, and Technology (40 hrs./wk.) throughout Wisconsin.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The VP of Safety, Security, and Technology is a thought leader who articulates the strategy for agency's safety and security, information technology, cyber-security, and physical plant. They lead and oversee the integration and execution of Planned Parenthood of Wisconsin's (PPWI) statewide technology, cyber and physical infrastructure and provide leadership, supervision, and support to the teams who advance this work. The VP is a member of PPWI's leadership team.
Must have a deep commitment to the mission, vision and values of Planned Parenthood of Wisconsin. Other qualifications include the following:
* A broad and deep understanding of HIPAA, HITECH, advanced practices in health care organizations' cyber and physical security, infrastructure needs, and related compliance practices.
* Must be committed to providing excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
* Proven ability to manage multiple large and complex projects, meet deadlines, and complete projects on time and on budget.
* Demonstrated project management, supervision, and leadership skills, with a proven track record of collaboration, team development and engagement, with an ability to delegate effectively, supporting team members to achieve success.
* Must have demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging.
* Demonstrated knowledge of best practices of physical security of people and facilities.
* History of leading creative, resourceful initiatives, conceptualizing and operationalizing innovative solutions, and building consensus to support implementation across multiple stakeholders.
* Demonstrated experience setting direction and overseeing health care information technology infrastructures, including the highest quality compliance, privacy and security systems.
* A proven track record of advancing their knowledge around emerging practices in health care technology, cyber-security, physical security, and the impact of physical space on patient experience.
* Prior experience guiding and supporting InfoSec & Securities teams and/or committees.
* Proven ability to cultivate, steward, and expand authentic relationships with law enforcement, business partnerships and vendor relationships. Demonstrated negotiation skills.
* Experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
VP of Safety, Security, and Technology must have a bachelor's degree and seven years of progressively responsible experience in criminal justice, security, or information technology, including two years in healthcare operations; or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
Demonstrated supervisory experience required.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
The position is predominantly sedentary requiring the ability to sit, bend, stand and walk. May require occasional stooping, reaching, stair-climbing and repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard. Rarely requires kneeling, pushing/pulling and repetitive motions of the feet.
Physical demands of the position necessitate hearing, talking, handling and grasping regularly. May require lifting up to 30 pounds. Specific vision conditions include close vision reading. Requires the ability to operate a computer, telephone, fax, copy machine and adding machine or calculator.
The position is generally performed in an office environment but involves frequent interruptions. The noise level is generally low to quiet. The work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations, however, may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform said essential functions.
Occasional evening and weekend hours may be necessary.
This position requires traveling statewide, therefore a valid driver's license and auto insurance in accordance with agency liability standards is required. Must have transportation.ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
Associate HIPAA Security Officer
Support the HIPAA Security Officer and provide assistance to:
PPWI is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace.