PLANNED PARENTHOOD OF WISCONSIN, INC.
GREEN BAY, WI
BILINGUAL REPRODUCTIVE HEALTHCARE ASSISTANT
At Planned Parenthood of Wisconsin, Inc. (PPWI), we work to provide quality, affordable health care services, comprehensive education, and strong advocacy. We serve over 60,000 patients annually in 24 health centers statewide, making us the largest and most trusted reproductive health care provider in Wisconsin. Our goal is to help keep Wisconsin safe, healthy and strong!
We are looking to hire individuals who can provide outstanding customer service and are able to carry themselves with a positive energy and attitude for our clients.
If this sounds like you, PPWI is interested in welcoming and training you to become a valuable team member as a Bilingual Reproductive Healthcare Assistant (32 hours/week) at our Green Bay Family Planning Health Center! We believe in investing (free medical training) in individuals who share the passion of delivering quality patient care and understand the importance of reproductive health.
If you have a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent check out the great things you can do at PPWI!
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Adhere to agency's policies, procedures, and protocol. This may include successfully completing agency, regional and/or state certification requirements (e.g. CPR certification for health care workers, HIV / CTS training, IM injection and venipuncture training, lab skills check off training).
- Independently perform at least three of the following functions:
A. Front office duties, including, but not limited to:
- Greet patients, answer phones, refer calls, make appointments.
- Prepare and assemble charts, checking for completeness, errors, signature and appropriate assembly.
- Process lab results.
- Maintain patient records.
- Access client finances, which may include verifying insurance, health plan authorization and Title 19 cards; collect fees per agency guidelines; complete appropriate forms and obtain signatures per agency policy.
- Complete related financial / statistical paperwork for clients.
- Copy / transfer charts as needed.
- Request medical records as needed.
- Refer medical complaints / questions.
- Monitor clinic flow.
- Input and update computer patient data information.
B. Back office duties, including but not limited to:
- Obtain medical history, interview and educate clients ensuring informed consent.
- Handle difficult counseling situations with clients on such subjects as rape, STIs, risks of sexual activity for early teens, and late abortions.
- Perform basic lab work (Hgb, pregnancy tests, urine dipsticks, Rh testing, etc.).
- Package specimens for outside lab tests, record lab results and sort out normal/abnormal test results to distribute to appropriate staff members in a timely fashion.
- Obtain vital signs (blood pressure, height, weight, hgb, etc.).
- Accompany clients during procedures, as necessary.
- Clean and sterilize equipment.
- Assist Nurses and Clinicians, as needed.
- Perform venipuncture and IM injections, as necessary.
C. Perform pregnancy testing and education:
- Obtains medical history, interviews and educates clients ensuring informed consent.
- Performs basic lab work (pregnancy tests).
- Performs options and abortion education per agency protocol, making appointments/refers for follow-up medical services.
D. One significant administrative program, such as:
- Follow-up of abnormal test results.
- Ordering and inventory maintenance (forms, medical equipment).
- Establishing on-going referral and information sharing relationships with other providers and social service agencies within the center's community.
- Monthly statistics.
- Ledgers and accounting.
- Computer data entry.
E. HIV counseling program / HIV CTS training
- Act as manager in absence of Clinic Manager, as assigned.
- Comply with infection control, safety and emergency guidelines.
- Participate in health center efforts to achieve established goals for productivity (e.g. assist licensed staff with visits; answer phones within 6 rings presenting the soonest appointment).
- Participate in health center/affiliate efforts to achieve established revenue cycle goals (e.g. screen and enroll clients in third party payer sources both public and private; collect fees at the time of service, ask for donations, post accurately, adhere to frequency tables in terms of dispensing medication etc.).
- Create & maintain medical documentation in an EHR system in compliance with EHR policies and procedures.
- Work to ensure client satisfaction. Adhere to affiliate goals, policies and standards of conduct in terms of professionalism. Assist center staff in achieving 60 minute visits as well as answering phones professionally.
- Provide appropriate resources as necessary.
- Perform clerical and administrative duties, such as bookkeeping and follow-up (i.e. medical records, etc.), as required.
- Stock exam and interview rooms. Follow inventory control policies and assist in monthly inventory, as needed.
- Display initiative in maintaining a neat and tidy appearance in all areas of clinic, including office cleaning as needed.
- Prepare center for opening and secure for closing, as required.
OTHER DUTIES and ABILITIES:
- Keep current on relevant anatomy and physiology, methods of contraception, STIs, pregnancy, adoption, early prenatal care, education techniques, community resources, agency protocol, referral procedures, and all Planned Parenthood programs. Must attend mandatory trainings.
- Assist initial training of new staff and volunteers by demonstration of techniques and procedures and by observation.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Clinic Manager. These may include occasionally needed specialized services such as services for developmentally disabled clients and specialized patient education programs.
PPWI is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace.