Back to search results
Chief External Strategy Officer
| Planned Parenthood of Wisconsin, Inc.|
United States, Wisconsin, Madison
|January 06, 2023|
PLANNED PARENTHOOD OF WISCONSIN, INC.
CHIEF EXTERNAL STRATEGY OFFICER
At Planned Parenthood of Wisconsin, Inc. (PPWI), we work to provide quality, affordable health care services, comprehensive education, and strong advocacy. We serve over 60,000 patients annually in 22 health centers statewide, making us the largest and most trusted reproductive health care provider in Wisconsin. Our goal is to help keep Wisconsin safe, healthy and strong!
This is an excellent opportunity for a Chief External Strategy Officer(40 hrs./wk.).
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Chief External Strategy Officer serves as a strategic partner, and legal/policy advisor, to the CEO to advance the mission and strategic goals. Working in concert with the Chief Operating Officer, and key stakeholders the Chief External Strategy Officer is responsible for developing agency-wide strategies focusing on primarily externally facing efforts promoting the long-term sustainability of PPWI's business model including public policy, strategic relationships, formal relationships - including related contracts, agreements, and MOUs - ensuring proper compliance and follow-through. Be a lead voice, while equipping and empowering others to be voices of the organization's DEI commitment in the community. Internally serve as the CEO's representative of executive DEI priorities. Connect DEI initiatives to core business success/metrics, including growth strategy.
Working in concert with the Chief of Staff, they ensure that the key components of the agency strategic plan are being reflected in the day-to-day activities of the CEO, with the focus on developing and maintaining authentic external relationships and business partnerships.
- Must be committed to excellent customer service and the vision and values of PPWI.
- Demonstrated competency in diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging, and leadership anchored in equity.
- History of organizational or team leadership and making key decisions in high impact situations.
- History of developing complex and effective strategies advancing organizational goals.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, track, and execute detailed plans.
- Demonstrated ability to publicly deliver complex issues in a comprehensible way for multiple audiences.
- History of participating in compliance efforts.
- History of developing and sustaining authentic, strategic relationships.
- Demonstrated knowledge of public policy and engaging with all levels of government.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Community Relations, Health Care Administration, Marketing, Political Science, Social Work, or related fields. J.D. a plus.
- At least 7 years of experience building strategic and/or formal relationships in government, business, or cross-departmental relationships in large organizations, 5 years supervisory experience, and 3 years developing and managing budgets.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired may be considered.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
The position is predominantly sedentary requiring the ability to sit, bend, stand and walk. May require occasional stooping, reaching, stair-climbing and repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard. Rarely requires kneeling, pushing/pulling and repetitive motions of the feet.
Physical demands of the position necessitate hearing, talking, handling and grasping regularly. May require lifting up to 30 pounds. Specific vision conditions include close vision reading. Requires the ability to operate a computer, telephone, fax, copy machine and adding machine or calculator.
The position is generally performed in an office environment and involves frequent interruptions. The noise level is generally low. The work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations, however, may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform said essential functions.
Occasional evenings and weekends may be required.
This position requires travel statewide, sometimes on short notice, therefore consistent access to reliable transportation is required. If you drive your personal car, a valid driver's license and auto insurance in accordance with agency liability standards is required.ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
PPWI is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace.