Farnell, an Avnet company, is a global high-service distributor of technology products, services and solutions for electronic system design, maintenance and repair.
Exciting position with the opportunity to set the stage for the future of Farnell's Digital Business globally.
Overall responsibility for strategy with eProcurement and automation, within the Global eProcurement Team.
Ensures regional level engagement and collaboration to grow automation using latest technologies to deliver efficiencies to the business and customers.
Responsible within the Farnell group to promote all digital business solutions to internal and external customers.
Accountable to maximize the use of this transactional channel as part of the overall eCommerce and digitization strategy.
What's In It For You
Along with offering a competitive salary package, we also offer:
- A supportive team environment where everyone really is working toward the same goal.
- A strong open door policy within management
- An environment where you will be given the tools and opportunities to further your career
- Support regional managers to deliver eProcurement automation projects efficiently.
- Ensure knowledge share and awareness of solutions across the business to stakeholders.
- Ensure promotion of eProcurement proposition
- Maintain awareness of upcoming technologies, the procurement industry and customers that will influence the strategic direction.
- Build and maintain a wide cross functional relationship network.
- Maintain an excellent knowledge of eCommerce web sites, eProcurement solutions (SAP Ariba Buyer, Coupa, Oracle etc.) and associated electronic order integration (cXML, XML, EDI, API) and other relevant technologies.
- Understand different regional business challenges and capabilities.
- Ensure thorough testing is performed during sprint & BA and service maintained and swift resolution of issues.
- Lead, support and motivate a diverse international remote team based on the strategic requirements
- Foster and leverage relationships with 3rd party service providers ensuring Farnell are getting the maximum benefit from supporting the service to our customers.
- Manages the process for reporting data and insights to stakeholders that help and inform then and assist the regional collaboration and engagement.
- Manage the continuous review, enhancement and improvement of project and solution processes.
Job Level Specifications:
- Manages direct managers and/or highly skilled specialists who exercise significant latitude and independence. Often oversees one or more departments or related teams.
- Establishes operating policies and procedures that affect departments and direct teams. Interprets enterprise-wide policies and procedures. Develops budgets, schedules and performance standards for one or more departments. Responsible for resources and policy formation in area of responsibility.
- Assignments are defined in the form of long-term objectives. Decisions are guided by resource availability, functional objectives and independent judgment.
- Collaborates frequently with internal and/or external management. Leads meetings and briefings for internal and/or external representatives. Often coordinates efforts between functional areas and/or members of an extended assignment/project team.
- Decisions likely have extended impact on the outcomes of multiple departments or teams. Erroneous decisions or recommendations will likely result in critical delays and/or modifications to projects and/or operations; causing substantial expenditure of additional time, people and/or financial resources, and jeopardize future business activity.
- Typically 8+ years including 3+ years of management experience
Education and Certification(s):
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience from which comparable knowledge and job skills can be obtained.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills.
Avnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you are interested in applying for employment with Avnet and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position contact our Human Resources Service Center in your region: Americas applicants - , Asia applicants - , EMEA applicants - .