New Product Development Engineer
Location: OVERLAND PARK, KS, United States
: Mar 17, 2023
Job ID: 38278
Parker Gas Turbine Filtration division strategy is to help customers achieve air quality and plant performance goals by delivering innovative, customized, value driven filtration technology on a global scale. Parker Gas Turbine Filtration is renowned for its expert personnel, state-of-the-art processes and world-class products. Parker Gas Turbine Filtration will provide you with the necessary tools to design your career. You are the architect of your future because we believe you make it happen.
The New Product Development Engineer will develop cutting edge filtration systems and implement new technologies for the Gas Turbine Filtration Business. The role will deliver Materials & Processes support to GTF's production plant in Slater and have oversight of media operations out of Parker's Innovation Centre. The role reports to the New Product Development Manager with dotted lines to the Slater plant Ops Manager. This role also deputises for GTF's Chief Engineer.
- Working with Sales & Marketing, assist in defining the NPD strategy and developing and implanting the subsequent plans.
- Develop new or refine current design methodologies for product development while applying scientific & advanced theories to create concepts and processes to meet design targets.
- Lead and deliver NPD projects or work packages to the stipulated scope, cost and time requirements.
- Provide expert technical information concerning filtration design and including materials selection and systems requirements to meet customer/set project deliverables.
- Communicate and coordinate with other technical resources to provide technical recommendations, lessons learned, methods for problem-solving, analysis methodology, etc. to maximize contributions to multiple projects or programs.
- Investigate, research, and operationalize new technologies in specialty or related areas to improve cost and performance by applying advanced engineering design methods, theories, and research techniques.
- Apply and lead continuous improvement initiatives through the development of new engineering technology, product development, analytic tools, and key production principles and techniques.
- Ensure compliance to all verification and testing procedures and policies of product development applicable to the product development scope.
- Interface with external media suppliers and testing bodies. Accurately control inventory levels to meet established testing and supply goals.
- Support, encourage and facilitate lean manufacturing principles; and engage in the training and delivery of continuous improvement to both project teams and Operations.
- Support the Chief Engineer's responsibilities as appropriate.
- Ph.D. / Master / Bachelor's of Engineering or Science in Materials Science & Engineering; Chemistry (polymer), fiber science or engineering disciplines. .
- Knowledge of air filtration; media fabrication (polymeric fiber or membrane formation or polymer chemistry); materials characterization and testing techniques.
- Familiarity with six sigma and lean practices and/or other statistical analysis tools.
- Software: Microsoft Office applications (needed), Modelling programs (optional).
- Supplier management experience.
- Ability to troubleshoot National Instruments LabView applications, and database systems desirable.
- Team player with ability to positively influence others.
Parker Hannifin is a Fortune 250 global leader in motion and control technologies. For more than a century the company has been enabling engineering breakthroughs that lead to a better tomorrow. Learn more at www.parker.com or @parkerhannifin.
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. However, U.S. Citizenship, Permanent Residency or other appropriate status is required for certain positions, in accord with U.S. import & export regulations.
("Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / VEVRAA Federal Contractor")
If you would like more information about Equal Employment Opportunity as an applicant under the law, please go to http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf