Family Health Centers at NYU Langone, a designated Level 3 Medical Home, is the largest federally qualified health center network in New York State, and the second largest in the nation. It includes eight primary care sites, 40 school-based health centers and dental clinics, four day care centers, the nation's largest dental residency program, and New York State's largest behavioral health program. The network also includes 12 community medicine sites providing care to disenfranchised New Yorkers, comprehensive HIV services, chemical dependency programs, and a family support center that offers educational, vocational, and other social support programs. Learn more about Family Health Centers at NYU Langone, and interact with us on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Indeed, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Program Associate (Per-Diem) - Adult Medicine-FHC.
In this role, the successful candidate Responsible for providing a broad range of support on projects or program related planning functions. Responsible for providing moderate data analysis and other research-related activities. Uses judgment and discretion to interpret and analyze data for reporting purposes. Plans and coordinates seminars, project milestones, as needed
- Scheduling and Coordinating Maintains routine calendar, schedules appointments, assist in preparing for conferences (checking the logistics and technical support, order and set up food, etc.) and other related duties. Assists and coordinates special events planning.
- Filing and Mail Distribution - Maintains office filing and storage systems by sorting, recording and filing written material in alphabetical, numerical, or subject order as needed. Retrieves material from files upon request and keeps records of the movement of file materials. Opens, sorts, routes and distributes mail to the appropriate party. Screen mail to determine which letters can be answered independtly.
- Clerical Support - Makes and provides clerical support to the department/unit (photocopy, fax, mails, and files, data entry, sorts and distributes mail, ect.) and other related duties as needed. May order office supplies. Meets and greets clients; Resolves non-routine situations based on established policies and procedures and refers non solved issues and questions to the appropriate party.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Moderate Project Support Uses judgment to provides project/program support while prioritizing own work to a supervisor, department, or organizational unit in the preparation, analyses and delivering of project relevant materials that includes but is not limited to: tracks, organizes and maintains data collected, conducts researches, analyses, interprets and reports the final findings. Assists with project and event planning and implementation, manages the logistics of and coordinates content development for meetings, conferences, and other project-related events; assists with the design and development of project products and reports; coordinates and monitors project budgets; coordinates proposal development and managing the proposal process; assists with project data collection activities such as surveys to maintain and improve the effectiveness of the workflow and ensure customer satisfaction. May supervise and guide the work of other staff such as the work of the project assistant.
- Reports - Prepares and review documents independently. Coordinates/communicates project activities with concerned parties. Receives, classifies, reconciles and consolidates data. Compiles and prepares reports based on information readily available, verify, interprets and analyses information, determines report format, identifies discrepancies and make corrections. Researches problems, issues and concerns and responds to requests for information and summarizes data based on information compiled from various sources.
- Moderately Complex Clerical Functions Assists in the preparation of the departments budget report, completes petty cash vouchers and obtains necessary signatures, obtains petty cash, prepares payments and check requests for payments to vendors as needed. May provide messenger services for the Department.
- Word Processing/Typing Prepares and proofreads memos, reports and applications. Independently prepares responses to routine correspondence. Develops documents for presentation or meeting.
To qualify you must have a Associate's Degree is required. Minimum of 1 Year of related experience in an office setting or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Effective Oral, written communication and interpersonal skills. Computer Skills Working knowledge in the use of Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Power point and Access. Ability to develop basic formulae for spreadsheets; set up routine computer procedures; Ability to access e-mail, electronic calendars, and other basic office support software. Ability to proofread documents and write clear, concise 1st draft. Ability to type at a speed of at least 45 net words per minutes. Knowledge of standard office practices. Ability to multi-task while paying attention to details. Ability to use standard office equipment such as copy machines, multi-line telephones, fax machines
Associate's Degree in a related field with 2 to 3 years of related experience in an office setting is preferred
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
Family Health Centers at NYU Langone's network provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Hospital-Brooklyn is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view Family Health Centers at NYU Langone's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.
NYU Langone Health provides a salary range to comply with the New York City Law on Salary Transparency in Job Advertisements. The salary range for the role is $19.14 - $29.44 Hourly. Actual salaries depend on a variety of factors, including experience, specialty, education, and hospital need. The salary range or contractual rate listed does not include bonuses/incentive, differential pay or other forms of compensation or benefits.