NYU Langone Hospital-Long Island is a 591-bed university-affiliated medical center, which offers sophisticated diagnostic and therapeutic care in virtually every specialty and subspecialty of medicine and surgery. We are a major regional healthcare resource with a deep commitment to medical education and research, offering a full complement of inpatient and outpatient services. At NYU Langone Health, equity, diversity, and inclusion are fundamental values. We strive to be a place where our exceptionally talented faculty, staff, and students of all identities can thrive. We embrace diversity, inclusion, and individual skills, ideas, and knowledge.For more information, go to, and interact with us on,,,,,and.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Licensed Practical Nurse-NYU Langone Ambulatory Care Bethpage.
In this role, the successful candidate Provide care and treatment to patients and clinical and technical support to professional medical staff. Utilize clinical expertise to deliver safe, therapeutic, age-specific patient care through planning, implementation and evaluation. Works collaboratively with a multidisciplinaryHealth team to promote wellness and optimize patient outcomes. Perform phlebotomies and administer subcutaneous and intramuscular injections (SQ/IM).
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Evaluate the health care of patientsfamilies and respond to care rendered. Make appropriate referrals, under the direction of the RNNPMD. Access and document patients response to nursing and interdisciplinary team interventions.
- Evaluate patients clinical status and report findings to the RNNPMD and address patient issues following established communication hierarchy. Participate in problem identification and problem solving in the work environment.
- Contribute to the growth and development of self, staff and students through participation in peer review, mentor relationships, formal and informal education.
- Ensure completion of patient care assignment in an organized and efficient manner. Delegate aspects of patient care to team members consistent with scope, capabilities and responsibilities of care giver and supervise completion of assigned tasks. Establish therapeutic relationship with patientfamily.
- Communicate directly and effectively with patients regarding their care or treatment using appropriate terminology and in a respectful manner. Interact with medical and support staff efficiently and professionally. Use proper patient education techniques.
To qualify you must have a High School or GED required. Graduate of LPN program Current New York State Licensed Practical Nurse License and Registration. Basic computer skills. Good communication skills. Strong attention to details, accuracy and ability to multitask and set priorities..
Required Licenses: LPN
1 - 2 Years experience in private practice
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Hospital-Long Island provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Hospital-Long Island is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Hospital-Long Island's EEO policies, please . Please to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information.
NYU Langone Health provides a salary range to comply with the New York City Law on Salary Transparency in Job Advertisements. The salary range for the role is $59,748.00 - $59,748.00 Annually. Actual salaries depend on a variety of factors, including experience, specialty, education, and hospital need. The salary range or contractual rate listed does not include bonuses/incentive, differential pay or other forms of compensation or benefits.
To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please