An ideal applicant would have a solid foundation in user support with background in full stack development where they are working towards their developing skillsets in the IT project management area.
* This position has two main areas of responsibility: User Support / Help Desk & Project Implementation
* Within the User Support / Help Desk responsibilities, applicant should expect to be involved with complex business system, manufacturing system, and IT infrastructure issues and provide resolution in a timely manner while constantly identifying from these experiences new IT risk points to the business.
* Within the Project Implementation responsibilities, applicant should expect to conduct gap analysis to identify current state to future state path, application programming in a variety of languages, database administration and SQL query abilities, as well as managing deadlines and project timelines to ensure quality delivery of projects within deadlines.
* Leads with a Purpose. Purpose helps us prepare for future changes while staying focused on the unique role our team members play to improve lives and create a better tomorrow. Able to build relationships at all levels (shop floor to Corporate teams) is essential to being successful in this role.
* Develops and deploys appropriate information technology solutions and recommends modifications of basic IT systems to improve and simplify business systems and reduce operating cost.
* Implements maintenance of systems and services providing essential business functions (e.g. major manufacturing functions, engineering services or office capabilities).
* Manage the efficiency and effectiveness of systems or services against the guidelines to meet user requirements.
* Maintains compliance of systems, practices and policies for operation and performance.
* Ensures business continuity through managing and testing for changes in business requirement, configurations and disaster recovery plans.
* Provides professional and timely feedback to the corporation through established channels (semi-annual IT meetings, work groups, technology councils, etc) to identify new business opportunities for information technology applications and investments.
* Provides directly, or through coordination, hardware, software and training support on-site where needed.
* Understands how to support applications and technologies in a rapid growing business.
* Works on special projects with Corporate and Division IT departments.
* Provides technical support on multiple shifts as needed; Overnight travel to remote locations to assist in the implementation of technical solutions.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
* 4 or more years of relevant experience
* Business and systems experience in manufacturing environment preferred.
* Strong Values & Competencies in customer service, project management and organization planning and oral/written communication. Ability to adapt to changing roles and priorities.
* Preferred: Recovery, Compliance and Security experience
* Preferred: Advance Degree and continuous learning certifications
Founded in 1917, Parker Hannifin Corporation is a $13.7 billion, global company. Parker Hannifin is the world's leading diversified manufacturer of motion and control technologies and systems, providing precision-engineered solutions for a wide variety of mobile, industrial and aerospace markets. The company has operations in 49 countries around the world. Parker has increased its annual dividends paid to shareholders for 63 consecutive fiscal years, among the top five longest-running dividend-increase records in the S&P 500 index.
Parker's engineering expertise and broad range of core technologies uniquely positions the company to solve some of the world's greatest engineering challenges. By partnering with customers, Parker improves their productivity and profitability and seeks new ways to solve humanity's biggest challenges.
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. This position is subject to meeting export compliance eligibility requirements.
("Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / VEVRAA Federal Contractor") If you would like more information about Equal Employment Opportunity as an applicant under the law, please go to http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf and
The essential functions have been provided as examples of the type of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. The Company reserves the right to modify the work assignments and/or to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions. The job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities. It is intended to describe the general nature of the position.