Who We Are:
At Avnet, relationships matter. We are a global, FORTUNE 500 technology distributor and solutions company that delivers design, supply chain and logistics expertise to customers at every stage of a product's lifecycle. Our employees have a front row seat to the latest innovations shaping the world we live in and the future we share. We're driven to help our customers around the world succeed and we do so by earning the trust of some of the biggest names in technology.
Working at Avnet means being a part of a global team. We work collaboratively and with integrity, doing business the right way. For more than a century, we have partnered together to help our customers, suppliers and teammates realize the transformative possibilities of technology. Experience what's next at Avnet!
Manages individual contributor sales account managers or may manage the organization's relationship with independent representatives (non-employees), distributors, or agents; may also may carry a sales quota.
- Strategizes, develops, implements, and monitors business goals, operating plans and budgets for top line sales, gross profit growth, and long term growth.
- Implements processes and procedures which facilitate organizational growth and profit objectives.
- Monitors sales levels for assigned region and targets areas for improvement.
- Prepares and monitors annual sales forecast to facilitate achievement of sales goals including Profit and Loss (P&L) reviews.
- Reviews business plans and Year to Date (YTD) performance with management.
- Provides coaching to team members and may make sales calls jointly to ensure optimum customer relationships.
- Provides leadership and management direction to assigned territory and sales support staff to include hiring, managing employee performance, training, and salary administration.
- Creates demand for products and services by applying technical market/product expertise to technology recommendations that position the company as the distributor of choice to customers and suppliers.
- Communicate value-added capabilities and services to customers.
- Establishes and coordinates weekly meetings for opportunity, registration and design reviews including quarterly business reviews with sales management.
- Maintains current knowledge of products, competitors, technology and customers in assigned product family.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Level Specifications:
- Manages direct managers and/or highly skilled specialists who exercise significant latitude and independence. Often oversees one or more departments or related teams.
- Establishes operating policies and procedures that affect departments and direct teams. Interprets enterprise-wide policies and procedures. Develops budgets, schedules and performance standards for one or more departments. Responsible for resources and policy formation in area of responsibility.
- Assignments are defined in the form of long-term objectives. Decisions are guided by resource availability, functional objectives and independent judgment.
- Collaborates frequently with internal and/or external management. Leads meetings and briefings for internal and/or external representatives. Often coordinates efforts between functional areas and/or members of an extended assignment/project team.
- Decisions likely have extended impact on the outcomes of multiple departments or teams. Erroneous decisions or recommendations will likely result in critical delays and/or modifications to projects and/or operations; causing substantial expenditure of additional time, people and/or financial resources, and jeopardize future business activity.
- Typically 8+ years including 3+ years of management experience
Education and Certification(s):
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience from which comparable knowledge and job skills can be obtained.
- Ability to travel approximately 75% of the time to customer sites or attend training including some overnight travel.
- Territory includes: Indiana , Southern Ohio, and Kentucky
What We Offer:
Our employees work hard to live our values and help us grow. Our total rewards strategy supports Avnet's ability to attract, engage, develop, and reward our employees, while promoting a diverse and inclusive environment. We offer competitive compensation and benefit programs - from time away and flexible working arrangements to programs supporting employee well-being and opportunities to give back to your community.
Generous Paid Time Off
401K and Pension Plan
Family Support (Paid Leave, Surrogacy, Adoption)
Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
Long-term and Short-term Disability Insurance
Health Savings Account / Flexible Spending Account
Employee Development Resources
Employee Wellness, Leadership Development and Mentorship Programs
Benefits listed above may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Avnet.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills.
Avnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy of non-discrimination also applies to religious dress and grooming practices. Avnet will accommodate employee religious dress standards and grooming practices that do not result in undue hardship for the Company. If you are interested in applying for employment with Avnet and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position contact our Human Resources Service Center at (888) 994-7669.