NYU Langone Hospital-Long Island is a 591-bed university-affiliated medical center, which offers sophisticated diagnostic and therapeutic care in virtually every specialty and subspecialty of medicine and surgery. We are a major regional healthcare resource with a deep commitment to medical education and research, offering a full complement of inpatient and outpatient services. At NYU Langone Health, equity, diversity, and inclusion are fundamental values. We strive to be a place where our exceptionally talented faculty, staff, and students of all identities can thrive. We embrace diversity, inclusion, and individual skills, ideas, and knowledge.For more information, go to, and interact with us on,,,,,and.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Nursing Assistant - Float Pool, Full-time, Nights.
In this role, the successful candidate Under the direct supervision of the professional nurse, provides compassionate care to patients, their families and visitors with a high degree of integrity and respect. Performs various patient care activities necessary in caring for the personal needs, comfort, safety, and transport of the patient as delegated by the professional person in charge.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Assists patients with their daily living activities in accordance with their plan of care. Collects required specimens from patients as directed. Informs registered nurse of unusual conditions and observations.
- Assists with patient care treatments according to policy and procedures. Follows principles of infection control and patient safety.
- Assists patient, family, visitors and health care team members by answering questions, delivering messages and giving information within the scope of practice. Accurately and promptly reports all changes in patient condition and pertinent patient information to the registered nurse.
- Actively participates in maintaining a clean, safe and therapeutic environment including security of patient belongings. Complies with regulatory and quality policies governing safety standards, infection control, and patient belongings.
- Transports patients in a safe and efficient manner throughout the facility. Sanitizes transport and non-transport equipment according to infection control policy. Returns transport equipment to the appropriate area after use.
- For Nursing Assistants that are trained in telemetry: Identify and escalate rhythm strips and alarms to the Registered Nurse.
To qualify you must have a High School Diploma or GED. BLS certification (must be issued by the American Heart Association-AHA) OR HeartSaver CPR/AED certification (must be issued by the American Heart Association-AHA) is required within 30 days of hire for new hires on and after 9/1/2021. Excellent communication (both oral and written), interpersonal skills. Basic computer skills.
Nursing Assistant Certification. 1-2 years Nursing Assistant.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Hospital-Long Island provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Hospital-Long Island is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Hospital-Long Island's EEO policies, please . Please to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information.
NYU Langone Health provides a salary range to comply with the New York City Law on Salary Transparency in Job Advertisements. The salary range for the role is $43,275.31 - $46,757.09 Annually. Actual salaries depend on a variety of factors, including experience, specialty, education, and hospital need. The salary range or contractual rate listed does not include bonuses/incentive, differential pay or other forms of compensation or benefits.
To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please