Who We Are:
At Avnet, relationships matter. We are a global, FORTUNE 500 technology distributor and solutions company that delivers design, supply chain and logistics expertise to customers at every stage of a product's lifecycle. Our employees have a front row seat to the latest innovations shaping the world we live in and the future we share. We're driven to help our customers around the world succeed and we do so by earning the trust of some of the biggest names in technology.
Working at Avnet means being a part of a global team. We work collaboratively and with integrity, doing business the right way. For more than a century, we have partnered together to help our customers, suppliers and teammates realize the transformative possibilities of technology. Experience what's next at Avnet!
- Conceptualizes creative solutions, develops specifications and presents solutions to senior leadership for inclusion in the GIS global strategic plan.
- Performs planning, architectural development, modeling, analysis, and resource assessment and scheduling.
- Assesses the compatibility and integration of proposed architecture solutions to ensure an integrated architecture across interdependent technologies.
- Supports change readiness initiatives as needed.
- Implements transitional architecture to achieve strategic roadmap.
- Evaluates technology and components against existing and future needs
- Champions enterprise effectiveness methodologies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Level Specifications:
- Mastery knowledge of industry best practices and disciplines. Considered a subject matter expert within the organization and contributes to the development of new concepts, techniques and standards.
- Develops solutions to highly complex and uniquely challenging situations. Assignments require extensive evaluation of alternatives and variables. Expected to make improvements to policies and procedures.
- Works independently toward long-range goals and objectives. Assignments are often self-initiated using independent judgment and discretion. May act as informal team lead and/or coach less experienced team members.
- Serves as consultant to management and/or internal/external spokesperson for the organization on major initiatives related to policies, plans and long-range objectives.
- Actions may impact the organization and its reputation. Effects of erroneous decisions may be long-lasting, influence the future course of the organization and/or require the expenditure of extensive additional resources.
- Azure Solution Architecture Knowledge: The candidate should possess a deep understanding of Azure services, solutions, and architecture patterns.
- Experience with Azure PaaS Services: Experience working with Azure Platform as a Service (PaaS) offerings such as App Services, Azure Functions, AKS, Logic Apps, etc.
- Knowledge of Containerization and Microservices: Understanding of containerization technologies like Docker and Kubernetes, and architectural patterns like microservices
- Security Best Practices: The candidate should be proficient in Azure security best practices, including understanding how to use Azure Active Directory, configuring network security groups, and setting up role-based access control.
- Infrastructure as Code (IaC) Experience: The person should have hands-on experience with Azure Resource Manager (ARM) templates, Bicep and Terraform
- Coding Skills: Basic coding skills in languages like dot Net and Java are useful.
- DevOps Understanding: Familiarity with Azure DevOps, Github Enterprise, CI/CD pipelines, and other DevOps principles is essential.
- Experience with Azure Monitor and Application Insights: The candidate should have experience with Azure's built-in monitoring tools, as well as other application performance monitoring solutions.
- Working technical and functional knowledge of SAP ECC will be a key differentiator
- Typically 8+ years with bachelor's or equivalent.
Education and Certification(s):
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience from which comparable knowledge and job skills can be obtained.
- Provides leadership and direction through managers and senior managers.
- Promotion to this position requires the approval of the advocacy board.
What We Offer:
Our employees work hard to live our values and help us grow. Our total rewards strategy supports Avnet's ability to attract, engage, develop, and reward our employees, while promoting a diverse and inclusive environment. We offer competitive compensation and benefit programs - from time away and flexible working arrangements to programs supporting employee well-being and opportunities to give back to your community.
Generous Paid Time Off
401K and Pension Plan
Family Support (Paid Leave, Surrogacy, Adoption)
Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
Long-term and Short-term Disability Insurance
Health Savings Account / Flexible Spending Account
Employee Development Resources
Employee Wellness, Leadership Development and Mentorship Programs
Benefits listed above may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Avnet.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills.
Avnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy of non-discrimination also applies to religious dress and grooming practices. Avnet will accommodate employee religious dress standards and grooming practices that do not result in undue hardship for the Company. If you are interested in applying for employment with Avnet and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position contact our Human Resources Service Center at (888) 994-7669.