Who We Are:
At Avnet, relationships matter. We are a global, FORTUNE 500 technology distributor and solutions company that delivers design, supply chain and logistics expertise to customers at every stage of a product's lifecycle. Our employees have a front row seat to the latest innovations shaping the world we live in and the future we share. We're driven to help our customers around the world succeed and we do so by earning the trust of some of the biggest names in technology.
Working at Avnet means being a part of a global team. We work collaboratively and with integrity, doing business the right way. For more than a century, we have partnered together to help our customers, suppliers and teammates realize the transformative possibilities of technology. Experience what's next at Avnet!
Designs and develops large scale information technology (IT) architecture solutions to business problems in alignment with the enterprise architecture direction and standards. Defines systems strategies and solution roadmaps from original idea to desired outcome. Applies knowledge of all IT disciplines affecting integrated processes, applications, data and technology to design solutions that positively impact the company.
- Conceptualizes creative solutions, develops specifications and presents solutions to senior leadership for inclusion in the GIS global strategic plan.
- Performs planning, architectural development, modeling, analysis, and resource assessment and scheduling.
- Assesses the compatibility and integration of proposed architecture solutions to ensure an integrated architecture across interdependent technologies.
- Supports change readiness initiatives as needed.
- Implements transitional architecture to achieve strategic roadmap.
- Evaluates technology and components against existing and future needs
- Champions enterprise effectiveness methodologies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Level Specifications:
- Thorough knowledge of principles, theories and concepts in area of discipline. Competent in all job functions and has general understanding of the industry practices, techniques and standards.
- Develops solutions for a variety of situations and works on projects requiring evaluation and analysis. May refer to policies, practices and precedents for guidance; determines best course of action to achieve results.
- Work is performed independently and requires the exercise of judgment and discretion. May receive some limited guidance for new assignments. Work may be reviewed for overall adequacy.
- Collaborates with management and team members within the department/function and other areas of the organization. May represent department internally or externally.
- Actions may impact the success of the overall department and/or the organization. Failure to accomplish work or erroneous decisions may result in delays to projects, loss of revenue or allocation of additional resources to remedy.
- Experience with webMethods version 9.x Developer, webMethods Designer, MyWebMethods, webMethods Broker, CentraSite, Mediator, PRT, and Trading Networks
- Experience with HVR solutions, preferably the Fivetran solution
- Experience integrating SAP with a variety of custom applications, vendor applications, and cloud based applications.
- Experience developing solutions in a large ESB environment built on webMethods applications suite in a UNIX (AIX), HP-UX, Linux, and Windows environment
- Understands the network concepts DNS, TCP/IP, DMZ, Proxy Server, Firewall, SSL, and BigIP and can communicate proficiently with the teams that support these
- Experience with WSI compliant document literal web services and SOA architecture
- Experience with the following technologies: Java, XML, XSD, DTD, WSDL, SOAP
- Experience with business process modeling
- Experience performance tuning both webMethods flow and SQL queries.
- Experience with SQL and relational databases for both Oracle and Microsoft SQL server
- Experience using UNIX/Linux and Windows command line operations
- Familiar with multiple tool sets within the Informatica Product suite, including Power Center, Power Exchange, Informatica Data Quality, B2B Data Exchange, and B2B Data Transformation
- Experience with design and implementation of Data Integration processes in a high volume, complex multi-source environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with customers, technical team members, and other technical contributors across the organization.
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude.
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- An organized self-starter with a collaborative work style, focused on customer service, and ability to multitask.
- Ability to provide basic coordination of small development groups.
- 5+ year's experience developing solutions for Informatica PowerCenter, B2B Data Exchange, and B2B Data Transformation integrating with SAP, Oracle, Sybase, and Microsoft SQL Server, and other data sources.
- Solid knowledge of Oracle SQL, Microsoft SQL, Unix Scripts, database query and tuning concepts, both at application and database levels.
- Knowledge of the Supply Chain and Logistics industries.
- Typically 3+ years with bachelor's or equivalent.
Education and Certification(s):
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience from which comparable knowledge and job skills can be obtained.
What We Offer:
Our employees work hard to live our values and help us grow. Our total rewards strategy supports Avnet's ability to attract, engage, develop, and reward our employees, while promoting a diverse and inclusive environment. We offer competitive compensation and benefit programs - from time away and flexible working arrangements to programs supporting employee well-being and opportunities to give back to your community.
Generous Paid Time Off
401K and Pension Plan
Family Support (Paid Leave, Surrogacy, Adoption)
Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
Long-term and Short-term Disability Insurance
Health Savings Account / Flexible Spending Account
Employee Development Resources
Employee Wellness, Leadership Development and Mentorship Programs
Benefits listed above may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Avnet.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills.
Avnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy of non-discrimination also applies to religious dress and grooming practices. Avnet will accommodate employee religious dress standards and grooming practices that do not result in undue hardship for the Company. If you are interested in applying for employment with Avnet and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position contact our Human Resources Service Center at (888) 994-7669.