Paper Machine Shift Supervisor
Management & Supervision
Arkansas Kraft Division
Reporting to the Paper Machine Manager the Paper Machine Shift Supervisor for the Arkansas Kraft Division will have operating responsibility for safety, quality, cost, productivity, and management of the Paper Machines, Secondary Fiber and Shipping crews.
- A degreed and experienced paper mill operations supervisor is preferred, experience in lieu of a degree may be considered.
- The Paper Machine Shift Supervisor should have at least 3 years of progressively more accountable operations supervisory experience ideally within the paper industry. While qualified candidates may come from outside the paper industry, it is expected that they will have similar experience in a highly automated process manufacturing environment, and be accustomed to large-scale production in a commodity driven low-cost business.
- While expertise in all aspects of paper machine operations is vital, it is equally important that the successful candidate have a proven record of developing and implementing training within operational crews.
- Qualified candidates will have a keen business acumen, combined with strong fiscal awareness and understanding -as it relates to cost control/reduction, particularly in response to immediate and critical operational decisions.
- In addition to a full complement of leadership skills - including the ability to lead teams in a union environment - it is also important for the Paper Machine Shift Supervisor to bring knowledge of personnel development and maintenance coordination. Incorporating continuous improvement processes and best practices will be keys to the success of the Paper Machine Shift Supervisor.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively deliver and reinforce consistent messages at all levels.
- Provide leadership to maintain and improve safe working conditions and maintaining good housekeeping practices.
Compensation & Benefits
Green Bay Packaging offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefit package including Medical, Dental, Prescription Drug, Vision, Life, LTD/STD, and Company matching 401(k).
The Arkansas Kraft Division is a fully integrated pulp and containerboard mill utilizing a sustainable combination of virgin fiber and recycled fiber to produce high quality kraft linerboard and corrugating medium.