Parker Aerospace, an operating segment of Parker Hannifin Corporation, is one of the world's leading producers of flight control, hydraulic, fuel and inerting, fluid conveyance, thermal management, and engine systems and components for the aerospace industry. We design and build equipment for virtually every aircraft and aero engine being produced in the world today. In addition to game-changing technology, our customers look to us for shorter lead times, lower costs, higher reliability, and lifetime support. All coupled with the positive attitude and innovative thinking of a true business partner.
Parker Aerospace provides unmatched performance for both our customers and shareholders, built on a foundation of core company values. As a result, our business growth is impressive and consistent. Best of all, our team members share in the success that results from that growth.
The Planner Specialist ensures performance to the master production schedule to achieve objectives for customer service, inventory levels, and configuration management for the Irvine, CA location of Parker Fluid Systems Division. Plans, prepares, issues, and controls diverse production schedules and material requirements to ensure a controlled flow of approved materials timed to meet production requirements for the pneumatics OEM value stream. This is an on-site position located at our Irvine facility.
- Manages the Master Production Schedule (MPS) for their customer/value stream. Establishes all supply plans in support of the master schedule.
- Identifies supply gaps affecting execution of the MPS and impacting on-time delivery to customers. Works closely with procurement and following escalation protocol to recover supply gaps in order to mitigate customer delinquencies and impact to sales outlooks.
- Coordinates with Quality, Manufacturing, Purchasing, Engineering, Inventory Control, Shipping/Receiving, and Contract Administration to ensure flow of materials through the production process while providing status and coordinating priorities.
- Manages the item master, bill of material, revision changes, and system integrity relating to part control.
- Actively manages KPIs relating to DSI, LISC, Sales, and other supply chain related metrics.
- Applies continuous improvement techniques and methods (Lean, Kaizen, etc.) to internal processes and systems. Complies with policies and procedures in Government/Commercial Practices Manual (GPM/CPM).
- Demonstrated ability to perform the essential functions of the job typically acquired through six or more years of related experience. In addition, has completed a bachelor's degree in Business Administration (concentration in Supply Chain highly desirable) or a related field.
- CPIM certification is required.
- Manufacturing Resource Planning (MRP) systems and Supply/Demand Planning experience in aerospace manufacturing are highly desirable.
- Knowledge of manufacturing resources planning theories, principles, and industry practices. Proficient in standard business application software, manufacturing resource planning systems, and interface operations.
- Ability to effectively apply continuous improvement methods to the planning function (e.g., pull systems, process mapping, JIT) of legal, regulatory, and internal policy requirements related to production control.
- Ability to work on a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity where analysis of the situation or data requires thorough identification of factors and analysis of impact.
- Ability to respond to significant inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to effectively demonstrate team member competencies and participate in goal setting, performance feedback, and self-development activities.
The essential functions have been provided as examples of the type of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. The Company reserves the right to modify the work assignments and/or to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions. The job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities. It is intended to describe the general nature of the position.
Please note that the salary range information is only applicable for California. Compensation is based on a variety of factors, candidate experience, qualifications, location as well as market and business considerations. We aim to offer a base pay that aligns with the midpoint of our salary range. Pay Range: $82,070 - $136,921.
Come join the Parker Aerospace Team!
- We believe in the importance of work life integration and support an optional 9/80 Alternative Work Schedule (AWS).
- Interested in furthering your education? We offer up to $10,000 in tuition reimbursement per calendar year as well as education benefits.
- Work hard, play hard! We enjoy celebrating our employees for all that they do. You can look forward to various social committee activities throughout the year including an End-of-Year BBQ, Halloween Contest, Holiday Party, etc.
- We offer competitive vacation and 13 paid holidays - enjoy time off with family and friends during the company-wide holiday shut down at the end of the year.
- Stay healthy with wellness! Earn rewards for participating in health and emotional wellbeing challenges and receive an annual biometric screening.
- Employee discounts on various services (car purchases, computer purchases, life adventures, etc.)
- 401(k) with a 5% matching contribution with immediate vesting in addition to a 3% RIA match (overall 8% company match)!
- Competitive annual bonus incentive plan.
- Comprehensive medical and dental including prescription drug benefits and 100% preventive care.
- Healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts.
- Refer a family member or friend and receive a generous award for referrals that are hired.
This role is subject to compliance with the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), which requires the incumbent to be either a US citizen, lawful permanent resident ["green card" holders], or have refugee or asylee status).
Parker Hannifin is a Fortune 250 global leader in motion and control technologies. For more than a century the company has been enabling engineering breakthroughs that lead to a better tomorrow. Learn more at www.parker.com or @parkerhannifin.
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. However, U.S. Citizenship, Permanent Residency or other appropriate status is required for certain positions, in accord with U.S. import & export regulations.
("Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / VEVRAA Federal Contractor")
If you would like more information about Equal Employment Opportunity as an applicant under the law, please go to Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal (eeoc.gov).
In accordance with Parker's policies and applicable state laws, Parker provides for a drug-free workplace. Therefore, all applicants seeking employment with Parker will be subject to drug testing as a condition of employment.